DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting an I Touch Personal Media Player or like device.
There are so many choices out there...... I have been looking at the 64 gig Itouch and the Zune 32 gig

Any personal recommendations or observations out there?? Bad stories etc??

·
Generating clever phrase...
688 Posts
I've got an 80g Ipod classic and my girlfriend has an 8G touch. I like the app features for the touch. But the ones I think one really uses besides games cost money. If you just want it to play music I'd get a regular Ipod. But the Wifi part of the touch is nice because if you have wifi in your house you can be sitting on your couch watching the TV and internet whenever you want.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got an 80g Ipod classic and my girlfriend has an 8G touch. I like the app features for the touch. But the ones I think one really uses besides games cost money. If you just want it to play music I'd get a regular Ipod. But the Wifi part of the touch is nice because if you have wifi in your house you can be sitting on your couch watching the TV and internet whenever you want.
Will use the browser and play video's as well as use the mp3 player in the trep. I have the IPOD Classic 30G right now and have used it to the maxx......

·
688 Posts
Then go for the touch. I love being able to see a movie or TV show, and go "oh ****, what movie was he in" then look it up.

·
688 Posts
I think after the second gen came out they added a speaker. IDK if third gen will have one. I imagine so. If you have an apple store near you go check it out play around with it. The touch screen is a PITA at first but you get used to it really quickly if you use if enough.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
I've never heard of someone with a zune that liked it.:wow:
Really? All the people that I know with a Zune like it a lot.

I vote none of the above from what has been mentioned. If I'm going cheap and effective I'm going Sansa, fancy and expensive I'm going with Archos. Well, Archos has changed their product line up to be either bigger or smaller now, but I still enjoy my unit that I got ~4 years ago. Regardless, they make awesome stuff. An Archos 5 running Android would be pretty awesome.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would recommend Archos 7.

Bright and high contrast 7" touch screen.
It's convenient to use in the car on the move, for the account of the big display and big virtual buttons.
Big HDD from 160 to 320 Gb.

All necessary communications: bluetooth, Wi-Fi, LAN, etc.
It's a pity is not present GPS receiver, but it's reparable for the account of use external bluetooth GPS receivers.
Btw, he playing .wav files (without quality loss).

·
nobags noswitches nofatbitches
1,014 Posts
my friend has a zune, but he despises apple. Ive gone threw 2 ipods and now use my phone. Go with teh touch doug it just looks ****in cool

·
Woober Goobers!
50,125 Posts
I've got a 60gb Video iPod that I've hardly ever used. It's been replaced by my Apple TV. Guess your choice depends on whether you're looking for just a music player or you need the Internet access and games and shiz. That's how I'd look at the priorities and choices.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would recommend Archos 7.

Bright and high contrast 7" touch screen.
It's convenient to use in the car on the move, for the account of the big display and big virtual buttons.
Big HDD from 160 to 320 Gb.

All necessary communications: bluetooth, Wi-Fi, LAN, etc.
It's a pity is not present GPS receiver, but it's reparable for the account of use external bluetooth GPS receivers.
Btw, he playing .wav files (without quality loss).
I only plan on the movies while in the car... I have a DVD player there and plan on using the video input. The Ipod interface I have installed in my car will handle the tunes.
my friend has a zune, but he despises apple. Ive gone threw 2 ipods and now use my phone. Go with teh touch doug it just looks ****in cool
I like Apple but dispise Microsoft.... lol
I've got a 60gb Video iPod that I've hardly ever used. It's been replaced by my Apple TV. Guess your choice depends on whether you're looking for just a music player or you need the Internet access and games and shiz. That's how I'd look at the priorities and choices.
Having the internet in the package is like the icing on the cake. Not sure if the apps available will be a plus or not.

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,677 Posts
Latest generation of Classic comes with 160gb for around $240

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay, got the Itouch 64Gig..... I love it! I have a Kenwood DVD H/U and a Kenwood Ipod IP-500 interface. I can control the Itouch through my IP500 which is several years old. The only problem I had was it would not charge until I bought a Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter. Now everything is perfect!! I have it in the center console out of sight but at easy reach. WOOT!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts