DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was looking on ebay and came across this intrepid for sale... what got me thinking that it could or was a ex-police car was that fact that it's a SE with a 3.5 (high output).... not to mention the space between the driver and pass seat.... If it's not a police car i guess this SE got lucky b/c they used up all of the 2.7L engines in the factory!!! I ask the seller if it was and they haven't replied yet..... Oh yea, not to mention the 150mph SpeedO..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Intrepid-SE-NO-RESERVE-2004-Dodge-Intrepid-L-k-VERY-NICE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6202QQihZ016QQitemZ260002535021QQrdZ1

·
Registered
851 Posts
DIGIT DESCRIPTION MEANING
2 Country of Origin CANADA
B Manufacturer DODG DODGE
3 Vehicle Type PASSENGER CAR
A Restraint System ACTIVE BELTS FRONT & SIDE AIR BAGS
D4 Line INTREPID SE
6 Body Style 4 DR SEDAN
V Engine 3.5L V-6 24V SOHC MAGNUM
3 Check Digit Check Digit Matches
4 Year 2004
H Plant BRAMPTON, ON (CANADA)
654349 Serial Number Sequence in Range
VIN indicates a 2004 DODGE INTREPID SE

i say its a probably a cop car, but to be sure id check underneath to see brakes & suspension

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
its a cop car, just built with the cloth backseat...
you can even see the wiring underneath the dash where the cop electronics would be hooked up...
probably bought by a private security company or as a detective's undercover car or something, but they didnt need the vinyl in the back

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ok, so... for someone who doesn't get it.. whats the difference between this engine and the engines in our treps?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
there is no difference at all between the 3.5L HO police package engine and the 3.5L HO engine that is in R/Ts and SXTs

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
It is definitely a police for the following reasons.

1) The police model was the only intrepid to ever have a 150mph speedometer.
2)The only models to come from the factory with a 3.5HO were the R/T & SXT, both of which had bucket seats.
3)As sneke-eyez mentioned, it has the police wiring.
4)It has the stealth mode light switch.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is definitely a police for the following reasons.

1) The police model was the only intrepid to ever have a 150mph speedometer. (AND NOT A MEMBER AT DI.NET)
2)The only models to come from the factory with a 3.5HO were the R/T & SXT, both of which had bucket seats.
3)As sneke-eyez mentioned, it has the police wiring.
4)It has the stealth mode light switch.

·
Premium Member
15,510 Posts
hey just a thought we have a member here who lives in GA,, maybe he could pop over at it and take a peek if its not much trouble

·
Registered
152 Posts
sneke_eyez said:
there is no difference at all between the 3.5L HO police package engine and the 3.5L HO engine that is in R/Ts and SXTs

What about a limiter, or the lack-therof of a limiter in the police trep?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.