DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if any one has heard of a police package on the Intrepids. I got mine from the FBI. I have had it up to 120mph and the suspension does seem a little stiffer than other Intrepids I rode in.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
kenny71 said:
Was wondering if any one has heard of a police package on the Intrepids. I got mine from the FBI. I have had it up to 120mph and the suspension does seem a little stiffer than other Intrepids I rode in.
Funny thing is that an R/T is actually faster and handles better than a police package Intrepid ;) I've taken my R/T past 140MPH before.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts

Okay I'm done :)

Well just for the hell of it:

HEMI Ram and Durango Police Units:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
kenny71 said:
Yeah, I've saw the police package Trep's, but I wanted to see the one he got form the FBI!!! :fun_08:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Avenger said:
Funny thing is that an R/T is actually faster and handles better than a police package Intrepid ;) I've taken my R/T past 140MPH before.
Faster? Yes. Better handling? I'm not so sure about that. Don't know if you've ridden in one but it's STIFF, and body roll is as good as a stock sedan gets without electronic suspensions. The tires only have a 260 wear rating = softer compounds and GRIPS.

I keep my tires at 38 front and 36 back, simply because every corner I take is about .5g atleast. All my friends complain about the harsh ride, but once a turn comes, autoX or street, their jaws drop.

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
RJ said:
Faster? Yes. Better handling? I'm not so sure about that. Don't know if you've ridden in one but it's STIFF, and body roll is as good as a stock sedan gets without electronic suspensions.
Just looking through the parts manual you can see where the police package suspension parts are different but the steering parts - rack, tie-rods, etc. - are the same as the R/T. It looks like they share sway bars and steering knuckles with the 300M Special (and probably half-shafts, too) but the struts and springs are different from anything else. Maybe specs similar to a 300M Special without the 1/2" lower ride or maybe it just has to have a different lower strut mount to fit the steering knuckle ...? :dunno:

·
Registered
605 Posts
kenny71 said:
If you have any connections where you got yours, I'd happily trade my CVPI in for one!

Post some pics, dude!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
You wouldn't be able to handle one if you drive a Vic ;)

Just joking :D

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Has anyone been able to identify the DCX part numbers (as opposed to production codes) that go into the police package 'treps?

It would be useful for anyone who wants to make the suspension and driveline upgrades a project.

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
[QUOTE='98-ESer]Has anyone been able to identify the DCX part numbers (as opposed to production codes) that go into the police package 'treps?

It would be useful for anyone who wants to make the suspension and driveline upgrades a project.[/QUOTE] If you know the production codes (i.e., SDB for the suspension) then finding the correct parts becomes much easier ... :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is one of three avail in New Mexico. you can check them out at www.gsaauctions.gov. I got mine 3 yrs ago from La.

1997 DODGE INTREPID SEDAN, V6, 4DR, AQ-709, PS/PB/AC, VIN: 2B3HD46F7VH694023, MI: 122130, BUCAR# 1997-2236. REPAIRS REQUIRED BUT NOT LIMITED TO BATTERY (15750143550004)
VIN#: 2B3HD46F7VH694023
Mileage: 122130
Click here for pricing guides

Special Inspection Information:
**MUST CALL FOR APPOINTMENT TO INSPECT OR REMOVE,
NO INSPECTION OR REMOVAL ON WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS**
**PAYMENT IS DUE BY 1/13/05 MUST BE REMOVED BY 1/26/05**
Please contact the custodian for inspection dates and times and for removal arrangements.

Successful bidders are cautioned that they will be responsible for loading and removal of any and all property awarded to them from the exact place where the property is located, as indicated below

Property Location and Custodian Information:
U.S. Dept. Of Justice
FBI
4200 Luecking Park Ave. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87107
Phone: 505-889-1393
Fax: 505-889-1770

For additional inquiries about payment and pickup of this item(s), contact:
GSA, FSS, SALES 7FPF
Room 7A07
819 Taylor Street
FORT WORTH, TX 76102-6105
Phone: 817-978-2352
Fax: 817-978-3398
[email protected]

Additional pictures- click to enlarge

·
Registered
157 Posts
ya, arnt the police packages only available on the 2g models? 97 would be the last 1st g

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Yeah, the other years that I have saw police stuff on aren't oficially police packages. They are just regular Intrepids that have had the police equipment installed in them. Like the ones in the link posted previously. I think there was the one time that I saw a first gen Intrepid on eBay that had the door handles disabled and a vinyl/plastic rear seat installed and so on. I think the only exterior lights that resembled a police car was the A-pillar spotlight. Other than that it was a base Intrepid, white with the fortress wheel covers (as seen on most base 96-97 models).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts