DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im looking for something that i can put on my visors that will either screw in or stick on. basically so that i dont have anything huge and bulky, something flat so all i hve to do is flip down my visor on the passenger side. on a side note, how bright are the strobes from like streetglow and stuff?

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
the street glow strobes are also a very fast blinking light. they dont resemble police lights at all. I had one that i mounted in the back of the car and i still felt blinded when it was going off.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
in that case, get the street glows, i have 2 red strobes from Lite Glow mounted on my windshield behind the tint strip, and the 2 clear ones behind my grille, they are visible for what you need

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this is exactly what im looking for http://www.laudpolicesupply.com/visor.htm but i dont see spending 200 clams for it. and i cant even come close to finding one on ebay or anything. lol. btw those strobes look good irsh, but your exahust does sound a tad ricey.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
that was cuz then it was full of leaks...i built it in my driveway, cuz i didnt have the money to replace it at the time...muffler clamps dont seal well, its a lot quieter and better sounding now

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
i just bought 2 blue strobe lights off of ebay...should be here within a week...then it will be complete...no one on the road should trust an Intrepid with one red, one blue in the front, and a red-white-yellow-white-blue bar on the back deck

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I'm still unsure as to why you guys would want to have police strobes on your cars. I mean, isn't it illegal? Are you going to use it on the streets or just light them up at group gatherings and such.

I would sure like to have some blue and red strobes on my rear deck and dash, but I don't have the guts to do it; I'd get pulled over in no time and loose my car. Cops are already staring at my spotlights non stop everytime I pull up beside them.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
of course its illegal...but thats why i dont put them on the dash in the day...too easy to see, unless you hide them behind the tint strip...like i did in the dakota...but i only put them where when on they would be seen at night, since usually you cant see in the car, but it does help on the highway, since one time someone was goin about 110 down the interstate, so i just flipped on the white and yellow ones i had on the back deck and he took off for the exit, so i see some use to having them...but its not advisable to use them on the streets too often, but your best bet would be visor lights like Mav wanted...they mount to your visor out of sight from anyone until you want them to be seen

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cheap LED light

There is a fairly new dashlight on the market for those of you who are interested. It is the Signal Mini Phantom Dash Light, and it only costs about $100. They sell it on galls.com and many other online retailers.

Also, I am buying two for the rear and I need suggestions on how to mount mine in the rear deck without using the supplied bracket, feel free to check out the thread and share any ideas
http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61593

1 - 20 of 34 Posts