DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well, this sunday and monday im gonna pull my intake manifold, clean it all out, clean throttle bodies, replace plugs and wires, and the intake gasket....

now since im gonna have it off, and right now its painted this weird half glossy gray, anyone know how and if i can polish it? I was thinking of getting it chromed, but i dont have that kinda money.

Any ideas? I know it is real shiny aluminum underneath, kause i seen the bolt holes.

·
Registered
530 Posts
please take pics.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I'll have Axle or Randy take pics of mine tomorrow. Basically, I went at the plenum with a sander for a couple of hours, starting with about 80 grit and worked up to 600 grit. I still need to get real inside the sides, but it looks good so far.

·
9,861 Posts
jcman311 said:
I'll have Axle or Randy take pics of mine tomorrow. Basically, I went at the plenum with a sander for a couple of hours, starting with about 80 grit and worked up to 600 grit. I still need to get real inside the sides, but it looks good so far.
The outside (top), or the inside (bottom)?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I have pics of it on my camera.. I will be getting into my PC tomorrow

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Outside.... but I took the whole plenum off and ended cleaning up the inside of all the carbon and crap.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Felix said:
How hard is it to remove the intake manifold? So that I could clean it out and change the gasket?
It really isn't that hard, with the 3.3L there aren't as many problems with the manifold gaskets going south. Pick up a Haynes manual and it tell you exactly how to do it, may also want to tighten your valve cover bolts while you have it off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts