Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Hardley ever (<10%)

Votes: 13 25.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
"But you can do the exact same thing in a "regular" automatic"
I hate to correct you LHSer, but very few "regular" automatics allow you to choose the gear for you to start off in. For example, with the LHS, if you select the 2 on your shifter, your car will not start rolling in 2nd. It will start in first, then shift to second.

However, with the AutoStick, if you select 2nd gear while stopped, you start rolling in 2nd. We can get our cars rolling in as low as 3rd.

Very handy in these Cdn winters.

If this statement regarding "regular" automatics is incorrect, please let me know.

·
Registered
383 Posts
97 sport platinum said:

on all 3 of the vehicles i've ever driven with a shifting arrangement such as this (01 camry, 81 chevy truck, 97 dodge truck) if you select a gear such as 2, the vehicle starts in 1st and won't shift higher than 2nd.

Thanks for the backup 97! Why don't we get input from some other non-AutoStick treppers?

If you start off in 2, what gear does your car start in?

·
Registered
383 Posts
LHSer said:
I swear on everything holy (and un-holy) that when I start in a higher gear, it starts in that gear.

If that is not the case, then so be it. Other than that, shifting a regular auto like a auto-stick will do the same thing.
How do you accomplish that? Doesn't your transmission column have the old D-3-L indicators? At a standstill, if you select L, won't it start off in 1st?

Just looking for a clarification....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.