DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!!

I know I have seen this somewhere on here but can't seem to find it now.
Isn't there a group buy for some Poly Bushings somewhere? Or is there a contact person we can get with to by some.

I figured since I am doing the Suspension i might as well do all the bushings at the same time.
Speaking of suspension. Is there a place that DI has for the hook on that too? I was thinking of going to the local parts counter. But I know someone has a better recommendation. (I will post the parts needed later tonight.)

As usual
Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
If your talking about the poly engine cradle bushings the group buy is way over but you can still get them by going to polybushingsdotcom
johnny still makes them and is a trusted member here.
for the other bushings go with Moog they seem to be the best aftermarket ones out there.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Crypy

Thanks for the help. I will be ordering all the parts I need for my suspension so I thought it might be a good idea to get this done too.

Have you done this mod?

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Yes i have and it can go south very quick if the nuts break loose and start to spin in the frame but don't get discouraged yet you can still get them out its just allot more work.
heres a link for my How-to engine cradle bushings. http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=166281
now some guys have taken ah different approach to removing the spinning nightmare by cutting a hole on the other side of the frame for easier access to the nut but trust me its not necessary i did it twice with the front ones just the way i described it in the how to and i only have one arm that still works after bad accident many years ago so if i can do it on my own anybody can.
the back ones don't seem to break loose like the front do for some reason but if you have any more questions just post or pm me personally and i will walk you through it good luck and may your nuts stay in place lol.

P.S i don't know how ah pic of my instrument cluster mod got in the How-to but hopefully one of the higher powers that be will fix this.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I did this job a while back and did go trouble removing the old bolts after they stripped. I have another set to do and will likely be doing it the way Crypt Keeper did. Make sure you do them one at a time so that the cradle dosen't become misaligned.

I included a link to the thread from when I was doing mine. Maybe there are some useful pictures in there, look around page 5

http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=171546&page=5

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you both for the help. The posts you attached and links have been very helpful.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
So how did it go?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts