DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Don't count on it.

There are too many changes, some expensive ones, that would have to happen first.

Lets list some.

Convert to left hand drive
EPA approved emissions
DOT approved crash standards
DOT approved wheels/tires

Etc etc etc

Would be nice though. I can't see it being less than $35,000-$40,000 if it does come.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They already make a left handed drive version for Africa. That part is already taken care of. The rest...yeah, they'd have to get it certified. Would be cool though.

With Lutz, anything is possible.:wink:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Holdens are cool cars. I like the current one that looks like a Catera (4 door) with a Camaro engine. That red one pictured looks cool too. If you look at the headlights on it, they almost look like the ones on an Avenger.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Its only a go if they can properly jump all the hurdles.

It will definatley be de-tuned though. The current Monaro's (especially in HSV trim) will stomp a Z06 Corvette like nobody's business.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
DC is screwed now that Lutz is at G.M.

All those buyers who bought Chrysler because of its styling are going to be G.M. customers next purchase.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
GM needs the help for sure... if you compare a Camaro and Mustang ... the Camaro blows the Mustang away in performance but styling ... in that category the Mustang wins ... seems like styling sells more cars than performance because I sure see a lot more Mustangs.

I hope they start building them here so that the price will come down a bit... I am sure there will be plenty of demand that car is cool.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
On TV last night they had a news story from the New York auto show. And a GM spokes man said that is is coming to the US as the new GTO. Looks like one hell of a nice ride. If they keep the price in the low to mid 20`s they should sell a **** load of them. Dodge and Ford better have something to conter it or they are going to lose sales.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts