DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
it would say POLICE INTERCEPTOR on the back as a BADGE. or some thing along those lines i think

ALi

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
1. Keyhole in the trunk

2. The accessories mounting point is factory by DC on the center council, so they mount a bracket on the dash.

3. There is a column shifter. Also this shifter does not go into lower gears. There is PRND and thats it....To access lower gears you have to flip a switch of some sort. You can slam the car into drive and not worry about it going into lower gears.

http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showpost.php?p=606236&postcount=30

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Well the po pos in my town have South Carolina.. permanent license plates..that how you can tell..

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
A lot of these answers that have been given cite equipment that goes onto the police car AFTER it is delivered to the agency. I buy about 15-20 police cars every year. I guarantee there is nothing (external) that you can tell unless you are really sharp. On Crown Vics you can tell via the VIN # (P71). There are also some underhood electrical boxes that are upgrades. We also get silicone hoses and aircraft clamps.

The exhaust on the police cars we get is rare but AVAILABLE on non police cars. You can see beefier sway bars and different tires as well as upgraded brakes. If you look REALLY close you can see an extra hole on the INSIDE of the front and rear turn signals. You actually have to look through the lens to the reflector to see these. Our cars are also delivered without several of the moldings and logos attached BUT they are delivered WITH the vehicle and we add them IF we see fit.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
DScruggs said:
A lot of these answers that have been given cite equipment that goes onto the police car AFTER it is delivered to the agency.
No, not the rear trunk lock, the internal mounting bracket, those are standard items from DCX. Standard Magnums and 300's do not have a keyhole in the trunk at all.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
the ? at hand is how can u tell its a cop car from the REAR not from the freekin side or interior, numb nutz

so the answer is.............

ALi

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, the keyhole in the trunk. No Magnums have a keyhole in the trunk so the ones put in later are a dead giveaway. Gorm and dakotaquadsport got it right. Don, maybe you can verify this or someone else, is it not mandatory that a police vehicle have another way to open the trunk without opening the doors? Just what I've been told by some Officers. Some of the trunk key cylinder mods have a big chrome bezel around them. I new you guys would figure it out because of all police vehicle interest. They also said the majority of cars purchased will have the 3.5 engine. Look for another vehicle to be used as Police cars in the year to come as well.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
DScruggs said:
A lot of these answers that have been given cite equipment that goes onto the police car AFTER it is delivered to the agency. I buy about 15-20 police cars every year. I guarantee there is nothing (external) that you can tell unless you are really sharp. On Crown Vics you can tell via the VIN # (P71). There are also some underhood electrical boxes that are upgrades. We also get silicone hoses and aircraft clamps.

The exhaust on the police cars we get is rare but AVAILABLE on non police cars. You can see beefier sway bars and different tires as well as upgraded brakes. If you look REALLY close you can see an extra hole on the INSIDE of the front and rear turn signals. You actually have to look through the lens to the reflector to see these. Our cars are also delivered without several of the moldings and logos attached BUT they are delivered WITH the vehicle and we add them IF we see fit.
I read on Popular mechanics that P71s have a 1 inch higher suspension, which does seem right when compared next to a taxi Crown Vic. Also, don't they all say "police interceptor" on the back?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts