DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who think that collar-poppers are poser idiots, the original purpose of that polo shirt was to have that collar flipped upright. Polo players used to wear button-down oxford shirts until they switched to what they now call "polo shirts." The collar was flipped up for two reasons, it actually keeps you cooler and it protects your neck from being sunburned. In the 50s it caught on with golfers who have since turned them down and the fashion world followed them. So for anybody else here that throws them up, let people know why.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Haha. I don't think this one was made to be popped.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NOTE: I have no excuse except for comfort for other shirts.

keep in mind that was about 4 hours into an 8 hour night.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
RiCeDoUt said:
For those of you who think that collar-poppers are poser idiots, the original purpose of that polo shirt was to have that collar flipped upright. Polo players used to wear button-down oxford shirts until they switched to what they now call "polo shirts." The collar was flipped up for two reasons, it actually keeps you cooler and it protects your neck from being sunburned. In the 50s it caught on with golfers who have since turned them down and the fashion world followed them. So for anybody else here that throws them up, let people know why.
Do you play polo?

If not, aren't you still a poser then?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Wait, so if a popped collar is supposed to count as fashion, then why isn't there designer sunscreen. They do the same thing and all.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I'd say only as much as wearing a football or baseball jersey when it's not "your" jersey.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
TehKing said:
Do you play polo?

Owned.
+1 for TehKing

It is different than wearing the jersey of someone else, because that is an act that shows support for that player or that team.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Polo is just as lame as most people that don't know about those trivial facts think poped collars are, and golf isn't too far down on the lame scale as well.

Do you play polo?

lmao.

I'm not into fasion but when the hell did people start doing this.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
CaptainMorgan said:
Owned.
+1 for TehKing

It is different than wearing the jersey of someone else, because that is an act that shows support for that player or that team.
\

Nothing better then a fake POLO shirt. POLO is a brand :) :biggthump

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Peppa Boy said:
\

Nothing better then a fake POLO shirt. POLO is a brand :) :biggthump
OK, I am wearing the shirt the way it is meant to be worn. And I would say that it is the same as wearing a jersey, polo players wear certain colors too.

Actually a polo shirt is a polo shirt. You are mistaking polo for Polo Ralph Lauren.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hecubus said:
Wait, so if a popped collar is supposed to count as fashion, then why isn't there designer sunscreen. They do the same thing and all.
Boy, are you out of the loop...there is.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Nothing but T-shirts for me, I hate collared shirts.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Goddammit, I'm just getting into having the collar wide open on my button down shirts, now people are flipping the collars up??

[mumbles]Stupid fashion.[/mumbles]

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
RiCeDoUt said:
OK, I am wearing the shirt the way it is meant to be worn. And I would say that it is the same as wearing a jersey, polo players wear certain colors too.

Actually a polo shirt is a polo shirt. You are mistaking polo for Polo Ralph Lauren.
How is it the same as wearing a jersey? Do you have a polo player that you cheer for and support by wearing a polo shirt? Last time I checked that was the most common reason for wearing any type of jersey.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts