DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2002 300M.
I have a popping noise comming from the front dash speaker, it happens all the time even with the motor turned off (key in the acc position)
I took it to the dealer twice now, and they replaced the speaker, didn't help, then the radio was replaced, still popping.
If I turn the fader to the rear speakers it still pops, some times it pops fast (like a giger counter) but now it seams to pop at a steady pace. not so bad if it is keeping beat with the music ha,
but it is driving me nutz~!
Any ideas~?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Possibly interferance from something else, bad amp, open wires from amp to the speaker? I have no clue, quick fix is to disconnect it, otherwise you or someone you pay will have to try the wires/etc.

Best way I can think of would be to tap into the stock wires at the amp and connect a speaker to the center channel wires and see if that one pops, if it does its the amp or possibly interference from the radios output/linelevel to the amp but if that was the case you'd probably hear it in the other speakers. If it does not pop its probably the wires from the amp to the center channel speaker.

You can try using one of the door sail speakers to test if you do as I mentioned above or use the center channel speaker if you know its good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts