1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks

A few weeks ago my 1995 Vision Tsi began doing odd electrical stuff:
1. the alarm goes off by itself when parked
2. the a/c (atc) comes on and blows only hot air and the control panel does not light or switches work
3. the interior lights come on and the auto door locks cycle repeatedly
4. the radio skips / changes stations

Any ideas appreciated
Thanks
RC

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
He's right, the BCM sounds like its having seizures.....but also, like he said, it could just have a loose connection. For information on accessing the BCM, check this out:

http://dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36926

Don't mind ALL of those instructions since most of them are for replacing and rewiring in preparation for an OTIS

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, loose connection sounds likely (hopefully). It is particularly sensitive to railroad crossings...and there are a lot of them around here. I will let you know what I find.
Thanks for the info.
RC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dug down to the BCM per the posted instructions (thanx for the link) and all the connectors appear solid. We drove around plugging and unplugging the three conns...interesting how different things are affected. btw at one point the thermometer indicated -70. :)
Tomorrow I will check my local salvage for a recycled unit and let you know how it goes. Any idea what they get for those things?

Thanks
RC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I replaced the BCM and most of the weird behavior seems to have ceased. Yesterday the A/C fan did come on by itself but I was able to overide it with the button controls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts