DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks I'm back. Now for the haunted car problems :icon_roll ,it's so wacked my daughter says the car is possessed! Anyway 2 weeks ago my airbag light kept coming on and going off, after a couple days the airbag light came on and my gauges would go down to zero and back up lost a little power not much,then the air bag light would come on the gauges would go up and down and the other dummy lights would flicker. now we're up to all the above and the car is going but the gear shift lights don't know what gear its actually in and the heater and air conditioner come on full hilt without being touched runs hot and cold air at the same time with all the control buttons lit up and can't be turned off for at least 2-3 minutes off sometimes it will shut off on its own but most times not and all the gauges and dummy lights come on hang for a a minute or so then go off. if it was halloween it would be a riot to freak so people out with but i'm more concerned as to the danger factor right now.. Any help is greatly appreciated and need it asap as to what i'm looking for so we don't get ripped off at the mechanic! Thanks y'all :bouncgrin

·
Registered
113 Posts
My car was doing the same type of thing. I went to Advacne Auto to get the battery tested, it wasn't dead but the guy suggested to clean the terminals. All I had to do was clean off the battery posts and it ran like normal. Make sure both posts are very clean and your getting a good connection. I had to replace the battery a couple of months later but it was just an old battery.
Definetly take the car to either advacne auto or auto zone type store to get the battery and alternator checked.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Check the battery posts and terminals. The positive cable on my 96 Vision esi had so much crud built up that it finally ate through the cable. My son said that the gauges were acting "funky" (flucuating while he was driving) a few days before it wouldn't start and I discovered the problem. Still seems odd to me that something so minor (a nasty battery cable of post) on a older car can wreck havoc on the newer ones

Hope this is your fix.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The terminals and cables were clear but will be at advance auto at 8 a.m. to let them check the electrics alt. and battery out.just wondering...if it is the alt. or battery and i change it out are there any codes that will have to be reset and how in the blazes is it done :icon_roll just what i need for a monday morning :eek:bsessed:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
don't have to worry about repossessed it was a gift free and clear all the way, although i'm seriously thinking my daughters bicycle is looking real good as transportation right about now hehehe

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
ok advance auto did a alt and battery check everything was perfect. the guy said it could be the computer going bad, but can't do a check on it till the check engine light comes on and stays on so they can see what codes are being thrown out. the good news is that once thats done we can have a memeory saver put on it so we don't lose the codes and from other threads i've read that can be a royal pain. thanks

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
You have a first generation LHS, right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.