DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't moved my car in a while so I was surprised when I went to unlock my car using the remote and nothing happened. I went to start it and no dash lights came on and it didn't even try to start. I was able to jump start it and charge up the battery some so the charging system does seem to work. I had the car towed to my house and the next morning, it was super dead like before. I'm wondering if it has some sort of parasitic draw or if its just a fluke? Also what would be common things that could be causing this possibly cause the draw. Not sure if on these if there would be anything specific other than the normal things to check. Any info would be very helpful!

·
Premium Member
18,489 Posts
When the brake light switch gets out of calibration, the brake lights stay on (that circuit is powered even with ignition off).

Normally you'd notice if your brake lights were on when you were out of the car (especially at night), but this wouldn't be the first time that it happened to someone here.

Probably not it, but that is one possibility.

Keep in mind that normal IOD (ignition off drain) of our cars will drain a charged good battery in about 3 weeks of non-use.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had the trunk light drain my battery I cant tell you how many times. I dont think it turns off like the dome lights,

Feel like ive killed batteries with dome lights too.. LOL
Yea I had that happen once very soon after I got it. The trunk struts were worn out so it was either up, or down haha! I had the hood open at work overnight (it was inside) and the next day the battery was flat (it would click but the battery was weak) so I jumped it and moved it out and it sat in the parking lot for 3 weeks until I resigned and had to tow it back home. I'm hoping it just ran out of voltage from all the sitting with low voltage in the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts