DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Every other forum that I've been a member of has a thread like this so I am making one here. Whether they are the good, the bad or anything else post 'em here.

Right now, I am using it as a body filler on my mom's winter beater. Also, on my car It is holding my exhaust system together quite nicely.

Me and my buddy used it on his cracked exhaust manifold, and trust me, JB Weld really stinks when it burns. lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
Used it on my old Intake Manifold on my truck. The manifold cracked at the thermostat housing when we where wheeling JB weld to the Rescue. Left it that way for a couple months before replacing the manifold.

·
Registered
334 Posts
oo well thats good news for me my trunk pan rotted so i cut it and i have a piece of sheet aluminum to put there but i have no rivet gun so i was thinking of jb weld until i get a rivet gun

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
Never had good luck with the stuff except on plastics. Used it to repair tons of misc plastic parts.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
lol. Well I've used it to piece a friend of mines flywheel back together, the ring came off it and i used jb weld it held for 2 days... :biggrin:

I also just used jb weld for my truck the other day, head gasket has been blown for a wile long enough to put a little dip in the block so the head gasket wouldn't hold at all so i used some jb weld on that and slapped the head on real fast..

Clayton

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I used it over the summer cause my dumbass friend took his VW rabbit mud boggin and bottomed his trans on a rock and put a half dollar size hole in it. JB weld and its still on the road today, dont leak a drop of fluid.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These are some stories from other forums that I am a member of.

On a 30 year old motorcycle, one of the many owners used JB Weld to repair a piston. (Ya, a piston). Then it was "stitched" using copper wire for reinforcement. There was a picture of this disaster, but the photo hosting site started deleting pictures. (Damn AOHell) This was on an air-cooled two stroke, so it is very easy to pull the cylinders once it would have seized.

Also, on these 30 year old motorcycles people use it on crankcases and just about anything. One guy called the JB King actually wants to have a custom bike painted the color of JB Weld lol.

Another one is from a Harley forum that I read. Appearantly this guy had a leaky oil drain plug. He talks to his neighbor and he tells him to use JB Weld on the threads to stop it. Next oil change, he has some trouble getting it out. Also, he learns why you don't use crescent wrenches on drain plugs. Eventually he has a stripped plug cemented into the crankcase. However, the guy that did this was banned after like 10 posts so it is assumed it never happened.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
When replacing the waterpump on my 98 Durango the pump did not come with a the pressed in extention pipe for the heater hose, had to pull it out of the ould pump and the O-ring didn't seal so it was JB welded in, been like that for 2 years+

Cracked the case on my 83 250 Kawasaki Enduro, no hope of finding a new one it was JB welded together, its been like that for 7 years.

Years ago I broke my snow shovel and didn't want to run to the store for a new one, JB weld got me through the winter.

Used JB weld to do repair to the grill of the GTX, its a ***** to sand.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I rebuilt a ThermoQuad carb on my '78 Magnum. When I got into it I found one of the brass parts (a jet, I assume) was broken off. It was about 1.5 inches long, about the diameter of a pencil lead, and sat in the bowl where it was constantly immersed in gasoline. I JB Welded it in place, figuring it would never work, especially since it would be sitting in a pool of gas all the time. But it did work; it stayed in place, and never gave me a problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts