DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=208614753&dealer_id=619898&car_year=1998&search_type=both&num_records=25&make=DODGE&model=INTRE&transmission=&distance=25&address=48362&make2=&advanced=&certified=&max_mileage=&bkms=1160528521465&max_price=&sort_type=priceDESC&min_price=&first_record=26&body_code=0&end_year=2007&color=&start_year=1998&drive=&pager.offset=25&engine=&style_flag=1&doors=&fuel=&cardist=24

I thought the price was a tad high. This was essentially a stripped ES. No OTIS, no ATC , etc, it didn't even have a CD player.

On the bright side it is a 1 owner car, and mileage is fairly low for a 98.

I offered the guy 3,500 and he let me walk, trying to decide if the car is worth the 4K that he wants.

All thoughts welcome. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
lower miles than mine, same year and same engine...should be a good car for $4,000

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Pretty base for an ES, but then again you'll have all the fun of modding it. 3500 or walk. Thats a nice car though!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,614 Posts
Hmmm...tough call. If it's around $4k out the door...maybe. The only thing that really pops up in my mind is it's a 1998 which is the first year of 2nd gens. That leads to most of the problems for 1st year model changes. I think for a little more money you might be able to move up at least a year or two. That's all speculation on my part though. Dread has a 98 with little or no problems, so there's an example of a good car from the lot. It is relatively low miles for an 8 year old car too.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
For that same year around my town, they are running $ 3,800 to $4,200. So I guess with that mileage it sounds about right. I'd go for about $3,900. If your are thinking about her, you know what to look for when buying a used car. (Aka, stored codes, check for leaks, and the other fun problem area's related to the LH platform.)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of the replies! I am still trying to decide, the car looked great, ran good, but it did have this weird noise coming from the engine( a type of whine/growl from the intake area) maybe it was just cold? don't know.

If this ES would have been a fully loaded ES then it would have been a no brainer. But it is almost 9yrs old.....I am a little early to start looking, altho I figured if I could get the price right I would have swept it up.

Maybe I'll just wait a little longer when the lease is up on my Ram, then go for a 02 R/T or newer SXT.

I am dying for another 2nd gen!!!

Andrei, the green was a little different than yours, FORREST GREEN!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
This morning, I looked at a 99' ES at a local used car dealer. I saw $3495 in the window. It had 181K on it :wow: . The power seat didnt work and the tires were shot.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Traded my 2000 ES in August. Had 98,000K's on it, and had a CD player!

Dealer offerred me 3200.00 for it. (I held out for 4000.00)

that's Canadian prices

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I JUST BOUGHT IT!!

Just kidding try to get it for $3800. The miles are really good but have that engine checked out since you heard that noise you don't want to buy it and find out the miles are low cause it needs a new engine!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts