DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curiuos if anyone has any pictures of this on a second gen? (i know jigsawman has one; signature).

Any info would be appreciated?

Price?
Where to buy?
installation?
whatever?

I always thought of doing this.

thanks!

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I was thinking of doing either that or getting one of those roof mounted antennas like the VW's have (or the Mercury Cougar)

I like the way they look......

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think the VW one would look good on a 'trep?? Not sure, guess I'd have to see one??

Anyways, I already have a cellular antenna in the middle of my back window.

·
Read Only
118 Posts
This is the motorized antenna I installed:

Metra Antennaworks at Crutchfield

I did not buy mine here (friend at car audio store) but this gives good info on the unit. You will have to play with the wiring a bit, but it was not a hard install by any stretch.

Sorry, I don't have any current pics of the rear end of my car. I'll post some good pics one of these days...

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
So the antenna goes up and down as you turn on the radio, or do you have a separate power switch?

Did your radio reception improve after installing this? I would definitely do this if everything above is true.

·
Read Only
118 Posts
The power antenna works great! It only pops up when I listen to the radio, when I am listening to a CD it stays down. If it is up and I shut the car off, it goes down (heh!) automatically. Keep in mind that I installed this after I had replaced my head unit with the Kenwood. My factory head unit DID NOT have a power antenna lead. I can't say that reception was improved by installing the power antenna. I had already put the Kenwood in and that made a HUGE difference in reception.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Then I'm guessing my factory head unit does not have a power antenna lead? I'll have to check that out?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts