DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just lettin everybody know I took a high powered industrial buffer to the hood and to the two black rear window exterior side panels on the weekend. Looks like the car was freshly painted. Mind you I had to wax the **** out of it after considering I buffed through a few layers of the factory paint. I mean this saved me a paint job. So if anyone wants to save some big money on a paint job look at investing into an industrial auto buffer. A little pricey but you will save money in the long run.

·
Read Only
118 Posts
I've been thinking of picking up a buffer for my car. Could anyone tell me if a buffer would help blend in the touch-up painting I have done (from catching a few rocks on the hood) with the factory paint? I did a fairly good job with the touch-up stuff, but if you stand closer than 10 feet it is pretty obvious where I filled in the rock dings.

Any advice?

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
Properly used a buffer can do wonders for your paint. However, a buffer in the hands of an amateur can ruin your paint job in a matter of seconds. IMHO buffing is best left to the professionals. If you want to "buff" your car yourself but not by hand I recommend a random orbit polisher. It's not a aggressive as a high speed rotory buffer, but you won't run the risk of severe damage to your paint either. The do a very nice job when used properly and regularly...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts