DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably have gone through this before, But I was wondering just how you guys ran the power and ground wires from the engine compartment to the back of the trep.. More specifically, how to get the wires through the firewall. I just can't find a good way to do it. I have a 3.5 trep but I doubt that makes a difference. And since we're on the subject, has anyone moved their battery to the trunk of the car? free up some room for other mods under the hood. Just an idea. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i will move the battery when i make the trep a project car. that way i can do a single ram air intake to each throttle body. anyway, probably the best bet to run wires throught the firewall is to either take the grommet where the hood release goes thru or else drill a small one. if you have the tool, drilling a custom-size one is almost better because then you can put it exactly where you want plus you don't have to worry about putting undue pressure on a fairly important wire. you wouldn't want your hood flying up on the freeway or anything is what i mean. just remember if you drill you want to throw the wire thru, then put some caulk in the hole so she doesn't leak water or air.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
id go with the "drill your own hole" idea.....thats what i did. But yeah, make sure you seal it :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
I ran a 6 guage wire for an amp to the trunk. Theres a rubber gromet that has a set of wires running into the engine bay. It't right above the brake pedal. Push the wire through that and will come out in the wheel well. Next I drilled a hole right in the corner of the engine bay. I ran the wire through that hole and into the engine bay. It tucks in pretty well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts