DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, my boss at work has a Dodge Avenger, one of the ones from the 90's, don't know the exact year or anything. Anyway, she's had some trouble with her doors; the drivers side door won't open from the outside, so she has to open it from the inside, using the passenger side door to enter. Well, lately the passenger side door will automatically lock when the door is being unlocked. I hope that makes sense.

Basically, she has to try to unlock it several times until it actually just unlocks without relocking on her. I suggested maybe pulling a fuse if there is one that controls the power locks, more for a convenience fix. Thought I'd ask here in case anyone has any ideas. I'm not too worried, though, it's not my car after all. :D

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
I'd take apart the driver's door and fix the handle or actuator rod or latch assembly (the only three things that can go wrong), and then see if the issue goes away - and if not, then pull the fuse. Sounds like a beater of a car anyway, and if someone isn't going to repair a door handle, I doubt they are going to be worried about maintaining the electric locks...

I don't mean to sound rude at all, but that would be the simplest two things to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts