DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first I couldn't adjust the butt part of the seat up and down. And now I can't slide it forward. I discoverd this while moving my seat forward from the fully back postion, it stopped and will not go any farther. Fortunatly I'm a big guy and can mostly reach the pedals, but I like to sit close to the dash. The power seat on the passenger side works great thouhg. can I just switch the two?

·
Dain bramaged
7,212 Posts
usually this happens from us "big guys" slightly bendin the tracks, or gunk building up.. give em a good cleaning and grease them again.. problems might disappear.

·
Registered
186 Posts
or you can replace the whole bottom track part with the motors from a first gen or second gen. They both should fit. When i went to the wercking yard to find a part for my cord's power seat i noticed that the first gens were vey similar and they more than likely will fit just fine on the second gens. Even from the newer stratus shuld work.

·
Registered
202 Posts
But if the seat won't go forward then he can't get at the rear bolts to pull the seat to work on the motors,I'm going through this very same thing right now on a passenger side seat,it just stops as if it hits something and I can't see what.

·
Registered
202 Posts
ok,I found my problem and it may be yours as well,get on your hands and knees with a flashlight and look under the seat from the front,look at the rails closest to the center hump,I found a penny and a nickle stuck in the seat and when I say stuck I mean stuck,had to get a long pry bar and really work to get them out but when they came out the seat worked again.

This picture isn't the greatest but look close,you will see what looks like a stamp in the rail,look a little farther back and you can make out the copper of the penny and the shine of the nickle,a guy could probably put that picture in photoshop and brighten it up and get a better view.

http://members.cox.net/wo23dodge/LHS/stuckseat.jpg

anyway,thats what fixed my seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts