DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ummmmmm, I never had this before but all of a sudden I have extended power when I turn off the engine or turn off accessory. The CD deck stays on for about 10 seconds after the key is removed. Although I LIKE this I'm still scratching my head as this has never happened before last week. Is there any way to extend the power longer?

Rob

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
my van does that as well, it allows you to listen to the radio, roll up the windows ect.... was your car into the dealer that he may have activated it?, or did you disconnect your battery?
or did you have a lightning strike near your car??

but i may be wrong too...

·
Dain bramaged
7,208 Posts
my buddys ford taurus does it.. you can roll windows up and down and listen to the radio after u turn the car off till you open a door..

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I've seen this option on cars other than Intrepids, but mine certainly doesn't do it. I think we've rented a few cars like that, and maybe some at the Ford dealership included this.

Hmm, phone up a service advisor at dodge, ask if this feature is there.

Or better yet, YB? Otto? Heard of this option on Intrepids? Or could it be Avenger has an ignition switch that has gone bad?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
well the treps dont have this feature . You know when Avenger was not looking YB and I did a special rewire job on his car at the Brampton meet .

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, I didn't think the Intrepids have this feature.........but somehow I have it. I feel special! I should put this down as a one of a kind mod :p

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JoeKD said:

or you could have a serious wiring problem that will take the dealer weeks to fix......
LOL Joe, always looking at the glass half empty. I got some math for you:

Serious wiring problem + weeks to fix = Expensive rental with lots of power I can beat the **** out of! :D

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'm not an audio tech, but could it be the capacitor getting ready to crap out on you and flowing all the stored energy back into the wiring harmess? Just a thought...

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
Shouldn't be possible. The cap for his audio system is connected to the battery, which is always on anyway. It's something in the ignition system that's allowing everything to remain powered...

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, it's like accessory is on after I shut the key off because the EVIC turns off but the radio stays powered for about 10 seconds, I think it used to (last week) stay powered for about 5 seconds but now it does it for about 10 seconds

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
your car is just getting old, you know cause i like you rob, i'll give you my 96 and take the nasty broken down r/t off your hands....:)

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Is it just your radio that has power, or can you roll the windows up as well.
Maybe it's an option on your radio.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nope, it's not just the radio as my switchbox stays powered as well which is hooked up to the lighter circuit. It's exactly as if the car was in accessory mode.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Of course, I drive a very different car, but my ignition went bad on me at 59,000 Kms. I say, keep an eye on it because if the delay keeps getting longer.. 10, 12, 15, 25 seconds... it means something is definitely going on your electrical system.

My mom's cavalier stays in accessory mode until you open the driver's door, which is very cool, but it's SUPPOSED to do that :D

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Avenger - you ever figure out what the cause was?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nope, it still does it, about 10 seconds still.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts