DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well over the past few days i've noticed a noise ocasionally comming from my power steering pump once in a while. tonight i was out to get some grocery's when all of a sudden i get this growl :baaa: from the pump, i shut the car off went in and when i came back out i noticed that if i hold the car at 1500 rpm and turn the wheel back and forth i get a sound kinda like if you run the pump dry. :( so now i kinda pissed at the bad pump i'm gonna take the car in towmorow i was just wondering if anyone else has had any problems??

·
Registered
890 Posts
Bro this happend to my 94 intrepid last week i think.

I was like the motor was runing dry, SO i went and checked the fluid i wasnt that full. So i added some fluid to it, and it stopped.

So first try that, Then after one day check if it is still making that sound.

Because mine stopped making that noise.

GOOD LUCK:cool:

·
Registered
151 Posts
It could be just air in the lines... I had that happen to my 98 Trep 2 years ago.. Now I get the same noise so I think I have the same problems.... Make sure they purge the lines and then top off the fluid first... before they try to tell you you need a new power steering pump...

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I had to do mine 2 weeks before I sold my 98. The old pump was very had to turn after being removed. The new one turned very easy. The Tech said they do alot of them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
What a crappy car DM has made - Is there ANYTHING that is not a problem on this car.
I had mine replaced ($ 540 Part and labour) on 98Trep.
...DISGUSTING.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I have had my fair share of problems with my Intrepid, but I still don't think it is "crappy".

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
"I have had my fair share of problems with my Intrepid, but I still don't think it is "crappy"."

Not crappy, just unreliable and expensive to maintain with many poorly designed parts that fail often.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My 2.7 98 is doing the same. For 1 day the pump actually went out. You couldn't turn the thing to save your life. Fluid was up but the pump just wasn't circulating. Next day, I turn a corner expecting to turn hard, it made a grind like it was low and I almost went into a ditch. It has worked ever since.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Damn adaptbl the only time you post on this forum is to bash the intrepid WTF.

since Adpatabl got the new altima check out these threads. Of the list of problems on the altimas.

1.st http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27802

2nd. http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26439&highlight=Problems

also check this thread out how adaptbl keeps bashing on the intrepid http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23942&goto=nextnewest

this is what he said: 98 Intrepid - The bigest Piece of cr?p ever made. nick name "THE PIG"

What a scum bag get the hell out of our sites:angry: :angry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts