DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Power to sub amp

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ETC 
#1 ·
Where is a good place to go with the power cable for an amp?

#3 ·
K first of all you have to tell us what year intrepid you have.

I didnt install the system my self but i know how to route it all the way up until the firewall then i dont know how they did it from there.

You can take it through the back seat all the way where the door sills are at. there is screws there you can take them out and run them thru the carpet. and thats the simplest way to do it basically and hide evertyhing. thats how the professenials did it.

#5 ·
I have heard of people running through the existing hole for the brake line. I ran mine up through the inside of the fender because my current installation is only temporary until I get all my new ****. You could also drill your own hole and put a rubber grommet in it so it seals. Maybe even put some sylicone caulking around it once you get everything ran so nothing comes through.

#6 ·
hey what kind of power cord should i run to the amp im going to do mine myself after I get a cd player with rca plug ins
and if so where can i get a cheep but good one thats not to pricy
and how shall i go about getting to the brake hole where it is and all(new to installing amps but not to installing speakers)

thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.