DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have the prob of their power windows being really slow? My front 2 are slow but my back 2 are fast. Just wonderin if anyone else has this prob and knows how much/how easy it is to fix.

[ November 24, 2001: Message edited by: pimped3point3 ]

·
Registered
415 Posts
My driver's side is normal speed, as well as the back two, but the passenger side is slow compared to the other three. Again pimped, check all your fuses and relays. I know before I replaced my fuse and relay for the power locks, they were really underpowered and would barely work. Now they work almost like new. I think the power lock on the driver's door is going bad, it works when it wants too.

If fuses and relay's don't fix it, it may be a motor going south... :(

[ November 24, 2001: Message edited by: Starscream ]

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
A problem I had with my 95 Intrepid was when it rained and the driver's window got wet, when you opened it and tried to close it, it would go up unevenly and wouldn't close properly. When it was dry out, it never did that. It doesn't matter now since I don't have that car anymore, just thought I'd share that with ya :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a horrible problem with my power windows, before my drivers side door and my rear windows all worked perfectly.But my passenger side window was soo slow. I had new motors put in the passenger side and the drivers side window, and now the passenger side is fast as hell, and my driver door is real slow! I dont understand what is going on, im checking my fuses and wiring, but it has got to be something going on in the door panel itself, maybe something holding it back? Or possibly the switches are going bad, I dunno, im calling the dodge dealer ship.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I had the same problem, I done what StarScream recommended and put som Silicone in the rails, runs great now. Slides up and down like a well run in hoe....

Yeah I am in a dumb mood today! :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
when i want to open up that slow, slow, straining drivers side window, i just give it a little help with my elbow on its way down (doesnt work on the way up, just take my word for it....ow, ow...ouch)

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
WD-40 works well if you shoot it in the rails.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts