DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my driver's side window makes loud screaching noise when being roll up, very little when being rolled down. i am going to take it apart this weekend and see what exactly is the problem, i am sure it just needs re-lubed/greased. anyone done this? and if so, what type of lube/grease should i be using???? thanks for anyone that can offer some advice!!!!!

--rudy--

·
Registered
328 Posts
no, but if you find where the squeek is comming from, post it here cause mine does the same thing!!

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
GR8WHT said:
no, but if you find where the squeek is comming from, post it here cause mine does the same thing!!
They all do! If you do a search you'll find that there really isn't much you can do to permanently fix it. My friend's mom brought hers to the dealer 3 times while it was under warranty and it is good for about 6 months and then starts again. I've just learned to live with it.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
shoot white lithium grease on the gears inside the door panel. hopefully it will help. DONT USE WD40. Only the white stuff. should quiet it alittle

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i won't mind if it is only for 6 months lol. as long as it is quieter than it is now. it's really embarrasing to have a nice and shiny car, and then try to roll up the window and SCREEEEEEEEEECH all the way up. my kids just laugh at me......

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well, did you have any luck fixing the squeek?

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
going to get to it tomorrow along with the install of new alpines in the front and rear. i was busy all weekend with a softball tourney, my daughter broke her finger and we had to have her put under so the doc could realign it. soooo, hopefully tomorrow!!!! i will let you know...

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I have the same problem on all (4) windows. I changed the Window motor w/ Frame as well, (the older versions of the window regulators have been a lonnggg problem, If u look at the 2 regulators, 1998 to 2002, the plastic bushings that ride against the rail inthe regulator are triangular shaped( to ride glide against the framing part) the older 1998 units have a round bushing shaped roller which rolls like a little wheel, these are no good at alll!, Even tho these regulators bind all the time, they suck!, but what can we do about them?. Hey Do they 300m SPecials do this tooo?, And LHS's as well?.

I just Pirated a whole new regultaor from a yard down here in CT,lol, :), I came off good, didnt I, ;).lol

Just have alittle schreechy noise,a nd some binding noise still. MY driver window fell off track once, and F'D up my tints, and was just dropped all the way in to the door, was such a pain in da ass!,lol

~LUIE~ anyway thats my story, Ill be happy to help anyone else out guys!, Hope this helps u in someway!.;)

~LUISA~

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
luisa said:
I just Pirated a whole new regultaor from a yard down here in CT,lol, :), I came off good, didnt I, ;).lol
~LUISA~
You found an LH in a yard in CT and they din't act like every part was made of gold when you asked for a price?? Wow! You need to let me in on this!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have silence finally!!!!!! i took the door apart and used the white lithium grease on anything with metal to metal contact. after spraying the **** out of everything, i went to roll it up and it still screached at me. i forgot one little bar that runs parallel with the ground--i have a pic if anyone knows how to upload etc--and after lubing the wheel that rolls along inside.....NO MORE NOISE!!!! i honestly just made my own day. what really sucked was about 10am this morning, i was running into radio shack and this beautiful woman was walking right by my car. i went to roll up the window and it screached like hell, and then she laughed. i felt defeated....
anyway, glad to say it is good for now....

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
hmmm.. looks like I got here late. But, you've done exactly what I was going to suggest, even down to the white lith. Mine does it too, still have to get around to it.

There's a product called Door-Ease (white lith spray) that the OEMs use on hinges and window regulators, sets up very thick.

Tip:
Do NOT lube the door checker (black strap from A-pillar to door) on your 2G car.
DO lube the door checker (metal strap from A-pillar to door) on your 1G car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts