DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice....my drivers side window makes a lot of noise going up, does this mean something or is there something I can do to get rid of it?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
if it sounds like its strainning to go up into the track u will have to take the door panel off. get some white lithium grease and spray down the pulleys and cables. hopefully this will smooth out the ride the window takes going up and down. Also get a rag and some cleaner and clean the black channels that the window rides in. example the top and sides that the glass rides in. this is the top part of the door not inside the panel for this. The black im talking about is like a black felt type feeling that the window slides up and down on. sometimes there is dirt and crap in there like leaves or pine cone pins and **** that gets stuck in its tracks. good luck

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i kinda have that problem with my passenger rear window, it strains somtimes or it wont do anything at all i take the side panel off take the cover to the motor off spray some wd40 on it and it works fine till it trys up again or somthing comes loose again, then i gotta go redo it again but it dont take a good 5 min to take it all apart and put it back to geather.. Your motor could be going out aswell on that same window it makes alot of noise but thats cause the motor is getting old and wore out... good luck!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
My drivers side power window will actually keep trying to go further up into the door. It will get to the black and then start creaking or something like it can't get past something. Not sure if theres anything I can do about it, just an annoying noise. I don't think its struggling.

Josiah

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
the cable inside the door is getting worn and the motor cant force the cable to get the window up. this happened on my sisters malibu after a yr of having the new car. got a used one at a bone yard and it worked. took apart the one that came with the car and turned out that the cable looks like a mountain bike brake cable started unwinding strand by strand till it finally snapped. window ended up staying in the open position and window fell into door. NOT GOOD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts