DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most Intrepid owners are aware of, the power windows only operate while the ignition is on. However, many other vehicles, including some Chryslers, have power windows that also operate while the key is turned to the accessory feature.

Any idea how difficult and costly it would be to have the Intrepid's power windows modified to also work on accessory?

Dan

·
Registered
638 Posts
ximkolo, your windows operate on ACC? Damn, my first gen doesn't. Either you've got an unusual situation or something else on my car is broken. :p

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
DanIntrepid'00 said:
As most Intrepid owners are aware of, the power windows only operate while the ignition is on. However, many other vehicles, including some Chryslers, have power windows that also operate while the key is turned to the accessory feature.

Any idea how difficult and costly it would be to have the Intrepid's power windows modified to also work on accessory?

Dan
What you'ld be doing is changing your fused power source from ignition RUN to ignition RUN and ACC. It's just a matter of changing a wire or adding a wire if there's nothing else on that circuit. No idea what they'ld charge to do somrthing like that.

·
Registered
604 Posts
my ford bronco windows only worked on pwr but then i installed some subs and then they worked on acc...figure that one out. :)

oh yeah my trep only works on pwr.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
DanIntrepid'00 said:
Hey Dan: Hmmm... this is odd... mine works in accessory and I have a 00 SE. It's been like that for that past two years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Non working windows

Glad to hear that at least your windows work. Has anyone ever had any trouble with the operation of their power windows? I've owned 3 Intrepids and every one had window operational problems. It is very frustrating! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
114 Posts
On 2nd gens, the fuse for the cigarette lighter has 2 positions. 1 is for when the ignition is on and the other is for always on.
I'm not sure if there is the same arrangement for the window fuse or not but it's worth a look. If there is, that means the windows will have power all of the time.
My gf has a nice power window feature on her Avenger. You have 3 minuites to play with your power windows before they stop working until you turn the key again. Really a nice option for us over 40 guys. I always forget there is a back window down until I have taken the key out.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This would sound dumb, but is there a posibility that Chrysler has some funky little package for the cars that includes some feature or alteration that results in the power windows working on acc for some and not for others?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts