DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My power window on the drivers side quit working on my 99ES. Has anyone replaced the motor for a power window? How hard is it to replace?

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Unfortunately this is an inherent design flaw on the second Gens. I have heard of thi happening quite alot. Are you still under warranty?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Intrepidatious - Unfortunatly it is not under warranty. I talked to a service department and they said the part would cost 98.00 and they wanted 90.00 to install it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not too hard to replace. I replaced the regulator in my mom's '98 Town&Country because the dealer said it detracted $1000 from the trade in value. Okay so we were quite pissed, so we went to a junkyard and bought a used regulator for $45. If the Intrepid is similar to the T&C (which i assume it is), it installs just like the old one, just take off the door panel, unscrew the regulator (make sure the tracks are still aligned) and replace it. Watch out for the plastic black tabs, they're a safety feature to keep from smashing body parts when closing the window.

btw, the new '02 Town&Country LXi has steering wheel controls :D :D

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Ive had to replace the passenger side rear twice. The new motor in there is crap because it is slower than all the other windows, have to be sure its all the way up because Ive left it in the rain before, it was not a good thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts