DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger side window won't go up due to the motor not working, does anybody know how to do it manually? I took the casing off of the door and there's a gear in there along with the motor...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Alright, since nobody replied I figured nobody knew my answer... Now I'll tell you what I did to fix it for all of your future references...
First take the inside panel of the door off, you CAN leave all the wires and things connected
Second peal back the black rubber layer so you can get down into the door (Yes it will stick back on)
Third you will see the motor for the window (small black round plastic case with metal covering on the front), underneath there is a metal case that holds the piece to make the parts spin and push the window up. Take the 2 gold screws out of there and pull off the metal case. One of the screws is on the underside of the piece so you will need to crawl underneath and use a power drill to take it out because there's not much room.
Fourth you need to twist the piece inside to the left about 5 times and pull the window up as far as it goes and then twist some more and pull up again until the job is done.
Last put everything back on there and you are ready to go!

Hopefully this will help some of you out if your motor ever dies on you and you need it up before you can take it to the shop...

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
gotta give us more than 4 hours bro.. specially in the busy part of the day... :p

·
Registered
242 Posts
sinizta said:
Alright, since nobody replied I figured nobody knew my answer... Now I'll tell you what I did to fix it for all of your future references...
First take the inside panel of the door off, you CAN leave all the wires and things connected
Second peal back the black rubber layer so you can get down into the door (Yes it will stick back on)
Third you will see the motor for the window (small black round plastic case with metal covering on the front), underneath there is a metal case that holds the piece to make the parts spin and push the window up. Take the 2 gold screws out of there and pull off the metal case. One of the screws is on the underside of the piece so you will need to crawl underneath and use a power drill to take it out because there's not much room.
Fourth you need to twist the piece inside to the left about 5 times and pull the window up as far as it goes and then twist some more and pull up again until the job is done.
Last put everything back on there and you are ready to go!

Hopefully this will help some of you out if your motor ever dies on you and you need it up before you can take it to the shop...
Will the window stay up while putting the krap motor back on?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts