DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever try, or attemp to clean, and shine up the chrome window trimming around th ewindows on any LH's yet?. I have the waterspots on the chrome around the windows, and I have tried numerous cleaners, and still not happy of the outcome as of yet guys. ;(

Just wanted to know if I should try the Mother's Power Ball w/ the metal cleaner/s Next?. Or should I attempt something else thats worked for others in the past with greattt results for chrome?.

Thanks much guys!, ;)

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has this happened to you too Loud02Special?. Anyway in atleast treating it, and buffing it out to ahalf way decent appeal?. thanks!, ;)

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Is this similar to the trim that flaked on the early 2nd gens? I have used the Powerball on my headlights to buff out the scratches, but it sounds like if this issue is under the surface, it won't do any good. What about prepping it for paint? Likely to be a PITA, but might look nice with the right color.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm, I was thinking the same thing, but didnt want to loose the chromeness from the windows, I guess I'll have to replace them down the road at some point in time, thats if I run into them somewhere somehow w/ verrry goood luck!, rite?. lol

*** Can I try to peel the plastic coating off somehow of the trimmimg?, and then try to polish them out?.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
only way to fix it is to go new. they can be purchased from the dealer.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WOW!!!, hey loud, you wanna sell me your chrome window trim?, or you wann trade???, lol, Its worth a shot man, sorry If I sound Crazzzy!, lol ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts