DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does ANYONE recalibrate these to hop up our 3.2 or 3.5 engines?
GM has that damn chip that can be swapped out. Do we have a piggyback or did DC just give us the smelly end of the stick on that one? :confused:

·
Registered
973 Posts
you have to send in your ECU and wait for them to return it! Why does the graph used to show dyno results look to be HAND written? No tech info available, so says the site. Something smells. They say they are the best, but has anyone heard of them before? Who will step up and be the 1st to shell out the cash for a company that hand writes their dyno graph? Also it says you must switch to prem gas, that is ok, but do they disable the knock sensor while they are at it? They specifically mention knock with reg gas. Hmmmmmmm

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, so far this is all I have found for the Intrepid. I do know that our PCM is an enclosed unit, and the PROM chip is different than the GM ones. Legit? Well, it is guaranteed, I'll check the BBB and see if they have any complaints.

·
Registered
207 Posts
they only list chips for the 3.5L's and the 2.7L's. nothing for the 3.2L's
i guess the one from the concorde LXi would be closest since the 3.2L was standard in the LXi's
i dunno how different they are. but im sure theyre different enough that you cant swap one n the other.
or ARE they swappable ??
if they are why not just throw in an R/T one ?
those dyno charts dont look all that official do they ? not to mention that both links on the site take you to the 2.7L ad. i dunno. they cant get the links on their webpage right what makes them think they can program a chip right ? :D

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
here is the correct the 3.5l URL check these numbers out!

268HP, 274ft/lbs torque, and no speed governor Yippie! :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
I wonder if someone with enough money to spare will be the brave one and try this out

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey thrasher, you already dont have a speed governer on your R/T. Alot of people seem to think the R/T is speed limited, but it's not.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just looked at the site, 489 bucks seems ridiculous for a computer chip upgrade, especially when they are trying to give you something you already dont have (speed limiter). I dont think I would spend that much money, but if someone were to get one and get some awesome results at a track with it, then maybe.

·
Registered
336 Posts
That's like false advertising or something. They clame that all of the 3.5L Dodge and Chrysler cars have a speed governer, but none of them do. Makes you wonder how good of a product they can make when they can't even get their information right????

·
Registered
328 Posts
Would be nice if it works!

But considering the Dyno charts are hand drawn (and the curve is off for stock too) and the fact that there is no way to physically change the "Chip" in the Chrysler ECU (is sealed in epoxy resin), Im a tad dubious fo thier claims.

The only way to reprogram Chrysler PCM's is with special software for Chryslers and its patented, so the odd of them having that is unlikly.

Chrysler Software is totally different than any other. Is was totally rewritten for the ODBII standards and is not like GM's/Fords/Imports at all.

Considering Hypertech and Chips have not come out with one, and the are the top dogs.

If someone does this, buy it with the stipulation that you will be dynoing prior to and after installation and see if they still want to sell you one.

·
Registered
108 Posts
We in the Avenger/Sebring/Stratus world just sent a PCM to ASE. The owner received the PCM and hit the dyno with it,...no increase :( ASE had him send the unit back for more aggresive programming, I guess we'll have to see. :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a JET "chip" in my R/T, and it works well. Its an additional power control module, but it seems to give noticable improvement. The peformance is much better, and I picked up about three mils per gallon. JET doesn't list this module on their web site, but it is listed in their catalogue. If anyone is interested, its listed as Power Control Module, part#68006. Right now, this seems to be all that's out there for the 3.5L. I'm trying to schedule some dyno time to get more reliable performance figures other than the seat of my pants.

Larry
2001 Dodge Intrepid R/T

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's funny. The link at ASECHIPS.com for the technical data for the Intrepid R/T doesn't work. I wrote ASE CHIPS an email asking about the technical data before I found Thrasher's link for this page. ASE CHIPS wrote me back saying "At this moment we don't have any dyno figure on the R./T. Price: $489.00. Shipping is extra." It's funny that there is a URL for the R/T. Something's seems a little fishy about ASE CHIPS.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the bit of research you guys have done. I was looking at a large number of CHIP TUNING sites and they had some deal they were using a uv laser to wipe the chip....
Promtron

It's European so take it for what its worth

·
Registered
49 Posts
ASE doesn't seem to do much for Grand Prix GT's... I haven't read a whole lot about them, just came across this thread today.

This should be the final nail in ASE's coffin for you guys. They look like bad news to me.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm only 45 miles away from ASE Anaheim CA, wonder if I shoud check em out. Ok I ONLY have the 3.2 liter. I checked K&N site & they've been looking for a 98 or newer Intrepid to do testing & their only 15 miles from me. Riverside CA.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts