DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont hink its just me when i say wtf is with all these ppl dissing intrepids every time i talk aobut it tehy just laugh and toaly disbelive me when i talk aobut sweet intrepids and refuse to listen to me buch a a-holes if ya ask me or maybe they just refuese to belive that they can actually stand a chace for a 3500lb monster :baaa:

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Hey, I love Intrepid's as much as the next guy, (unless that next guy is whyme). But, look at it this way, when someone says performance full-size sedan to me, the Intrepid is damn near the last thing on my mind. The first thing is the all mighty M5, obviously. Then, take your pic......... the maxima is hot in the aftermarket, and so is the grand prix. taurus's are so-so, dont even get me started on the last REAL impala, or the ever so loveable accords. sure they're all different cars, but for one reason or another, most people would rather modify something other than the trep, therefore making that something else more popular. But let them say what they want, I love my trep.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I personally don't care........... All I think about is Intrepid and getting a little more performance out of it......... I could have got Mustang, my parents have a bad ass 4.6L GT Anniversery Edition, too damn small for me...... I like the treps looks better, definately different.........

Last night I punched it at 30MPH getting a hard first gear kickdown. A bad ass Lotus flashed it's lights at me and wanted to race. I'm assuming he thought I was race worthy hearing my exhaust or something. People with bad ass cars usually don't waste they're time against unworthy opponents. He ended up going the other way, I know I would have got whooped though.

On the freeway even without a hard 2nd gear kickdown with my Dynomax Exhaust the car get's up to 110 (Speed Restricted) really quick, I mean before ya know it quick. It seems that the aftermarket performance exhaust helps high end accel.

Sure there's always faster but I'm happy with my Intrepid even the 2.7L many people try to clown.......

Before ya know it I'll get 225HP-240HP out of it safely and slap some prowler gears in for 0-60 in 7.5 seconds.

0-40 I have been taking it to cars all around town, except hell of bad ass cars understandably. You get over that and it starts to seriously lag until about 60MPH. I'm thinking the Prowler Pro Gears may help this, I'm not sure. I still like my car better than alot of other cars I see out there.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
What the hell kind of crack are you smoking?

A sincerly doubt a Lotus would want a piece of your 10 second to 60, 17 second 1/4 2.7L car with the intake that scares Corvettes.

He probably flashed you because you were driving like an idiot or had your lights off.

Damn stupid people piss me off.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
*sniff* *sniff* Do you smell that? I think someone just got burned. :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know there isnt much aftermarket for these cars, but there are a lot of differnet tricks you can do to get more performance out of your cars, you just have to sit and think about it for a little while.. I know a few things right now that will aork for a few horses that can cost about $10

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
damn really 10 bucks u got my attention. and how much are those pro gears from the prolwer everyone keeps talking about and are they easy enough to install?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
SHO SPD said:
I know there isnt much aftermarket for these cars, but there are a lot of differnet tricks you can do to get more performance out of your cars, you just have to sit and think about it for a little while.. I know a few things right now that will aork for a few horses that can cost about $10
I assume you are talking about "10 minute tune up" items such as air screen removal, air horn removal, short bypass belt etc..

while these tricks worked great on my SHO, Mustang and even the Explorer they do not work on my Intrepid

the only trick of the list that might help is icing the intake before 1/4 mile runs to cool the metal and get a denser air charge

please share any further info you have that may help the Intrepid 3.2, not the yamaha 3.2 ATX

and keep in mind I do know what I am talking about because this is the car I traded in on my Trep

·
Registered
20 Posts
No, I am not talking a 10 min. tune up.. yes there are tons of easy little things you can do on the SHO.. but heres what I have in mind... granted this wuld only be good for track use, unless you run a scoop in your hood or something.. go out and buy a donor headlamp assy.. grab one from a junk yard for cheap... maybe get a donor airbox as well... take, and use a dremel, and cut out the headlamp lense of your donor. then widen the opening for the headlight bulb... also drill a hole in the front of the airbox, to run a tube from the headlight assy to the hole in the airbox... find like a 2.5" tube, or 3" and run it right to the airbox..now get rid of the rippled tube running from the airbox to the engine, and replace that with a smooth tube, use tin, or aluminum to reduce heat on the inside of the tube.... now you have much better airflow the air can flow smooth even through the smooth tube you replaced (I doubt that helps much, but smoothens the air flowing into the engine) now this setup is exactly a Ram-air setup... this will give you more power, especially at higher speeds.. good luck... I dont know how much this helps, but it is worth a shot..

·
Registered
407 Posts
I think the reason people diss the Intrepid is because there isn't as much a crowd who wants to mod these things. Does Chrysler offer parts? Nope- Do they advertise the Intrepid by itself- Nope. I think attitudes would change if the car was thrown in peoples faces more often. Nissan, Honda, Ford, GM offer a wide variety of parts for hopping various models. The only one Chrysler designs parts for is the Neon. I will admit that it is rather funny beating up cars that don't expect an Intrepid to move that quick on the highway or handle the way it does in a corner.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
That is the basic idea 94IntrepidES has had for his intake for quite a while.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Shut the **** up LHS'er you critical ass punk. I can't say a damn thing with out you bitchin'. :devil:

Had my lights on, driving straight 5MPH over the speed limit. He was able to pass in the other lane. You don't know what the **** you're talking about. Maybe with the "Magum Badge" in the same spot as the R/T's he thought I was an R/T or something, more worthy but still would have got burned. Use your ****in' brain then you ****in' braniac and think of other not so negative assumptions always tryin' to disrespect people. NEVER said I thought I was race worthy. You don't know so shut the **** up. You know a lot and I respect that, I already knew how fast a Lotus is even the old ass ones. You tend to comment a lot on things you don't know thus pure ignorance, which can also be deemed as stupidity.

I said I'd get whooped you fool

Then perhaps he flashed his lights for no reason........... Excuse the **** out of me. :devil:

Can't beleive your cranky ass is a moderator! Ignorant ass haters piss me off........

That's cool, I'll remember not to say **** being loyal to our Platform of vehicles, I'll just talk about every other car that can burn us. Why don't we just let adaptbl turn this into an Altima forum. Screw it, why don't we all sell our cars cause of some negative ass people.........

Not fast, never fast, everyone else is faster, no potential, who cares, why are we even here..........!!?? I'm gettin' sick and tired of wasting my time........

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
It's official! Hell is frozen solid - as Wutang15m and LHSer agree on something!:eek:

I gotta tell ya - I now spend more hours on this board than I do watching TV (not counting VHS/DVD movies). The reason: pure freakin' entertainment! You guys are a riot!:biggrin:

...and MoparPerformance - you let him get to you again, man. Let it roll - it's all in fun anyway! :wink:

...and LHSer - I like the new Avatar and tag line. Sorry about that, man. We're 900+ buds feeling for and with you.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Shhhhhhhhht, Let em' agree........ actin' like I said I took off like Back To The Future and shhhhht......... Stupid punk shhhhht, f$#% it.......... Yeah, I know that was NOT a Lotus in Back To The Future, can almost anticipate the smart ass comments......... :angry:

My Previous Post Also Stated: Sure there's always faster but I'm happy with my Intrepid even the 2.7L many people try to clown.......

We got some of our supposed own LH Platform people clownin'.....! What a major contradiction......., people may eventually just start loosing interest altogether and all go out and buy Altimas if this shhhhht keeps occuring. I'm sure this kind of shhhht makes a lot of people reluctant to post. Look at how many members we got compared to posts, as a moderator you'd think LHSer would or could do a better job at least being decent.

It seems that we have some "Uncle Tom's" here, and I don't get why they even waste they're time and ours................???

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sorry- I love my Intrepid but it wasn't designed for that and can't stand the Altima that everyone keeps bringing up here. GUESS WHO BOUGHT HIS FIREBIRD BACK WITH OVER 375 HP and I still have money for a supercharger.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
MoparPerformance said:
NEVER said I thought I was race worthy
You never said this: "I'm assuming he thought I was race worthy hearing my exhaust or something" ??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.