DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New here. I have a 96 Intrep ES, 3.5L. Car has 183K miles, engine still within factory comrpession specs! NICE car! Question, does anyone know the part number for the premium BCM? Ive read a lot of the how-to's, and forum posts, but I cant find a number. Anyway, thats my next mod. Thanks for all the great info!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
If you've got the ES, you probabally have the premium BCM. Do you have ATC, factory alarm, overhead console? If you have any of those then you already have the premium BCM.

I've gotta look through my pictures and through my spare parts cause I have an extra prem BCM that I was gonna put into the 97 Trep that is now on life support :(

There may be a few different part numbers though, I'm not sure if the VTSS enabled BCM's had a different number or not. One way to see if you have a premuim BCM is to open the glove box and pull off the passenger side black vent cap on the end of the dash. Either through the slots where the glove box door slides or in around the vent pipes ou can see the BCM. It should have three plugs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Premium BCM Q

Thanks for the help. I already checked the BCM in my car as per the how-to's and it is not the premium, only 2 connectors on it and no place for a third, bummer. There were some posts which showed a picture of both BCM units side by side, and mine is definately the NON-Premium.

I dont have the factory alarm or OTIS, but I do have the RKE unit. I am in the process of installing the OTIS, would like to make most of teh functions work. I would appreciate any info you have!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts