DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my trep "fixed"... but it still has the same problem. Paid $465 for parts and labor.. and they didn't even do the test I asked them to do. It was fine for like.. the first half a day

the engine misses @ 47mph in 4th.. and jumps a bit in idle. Also, when I'm in 4th and I give little gas to the car, the rpms will go up and then drop down (with the pedal depressed). Like.. they go to 2k, then drop straight to 1.5k until the pedal is let up, then they pop back up to 2k, and slowly go down as the speed of the car goes down.

I asked them to do a drip down test to check the valve heads and they didn't. They replaced three injectors, and fixed the seals and such.

I was wondering what my options are. I want this fixed.. but I feel that I'd be gyped if I ended up paying a lot for soemthing they could have prevented had they done what I asked.

·
Registered
202 Posts
A drip down test? you mean a leak down test?

I would go back and tell them it's no better than when they started and for the money you paid they need to fix it or refund you,if they give you the run around and other customers are around then get loud,they hate other customers seeing them screw someone.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
That's why I'd rather go to a doctor or a dentist before an auto mechanic. Less pain.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've now paid close to $600 for 3 new fuel injectors and seals, and new vacuum tube seals....

the last payment was $103 for replacing a $3.71 vacuum tube seal.

On my way home today, the engine starts jumping around like crazy AGAIn... I'm seriously starting to get very ****ing pissed.

EDIT: they did not do the leak down test AGAIN (when the vacuum stuff was replaced) because they "lent out their testing device to another dealership and never got it back"

Keep in mind this *IS* a dealership.. this is not a ma and pa garage.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Are you sure the cam and crank sensors, tranny sensors are okay?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Paid with credit card I hope. Then call the credit card company with people's names (after you talk some straight talk with the service manager)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no.. paid by check.

i'm going to tell them they are going to fix it for free, or dodge and the better business bureau are going to hear about it

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Have your attorney tell'm that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts