DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I replaced my idle air control valve and it idles fine at 500 rpms, no small shaking or anything. But recently I discovered that the car will out of no where want to stall at a stop. I did a self diagnostic check and the only code that came up was P1684. That was due to the fact I cleaned the battery terminals out real good.I just bought some spark plugs and boots cause I think my car is due for replacement. I was thinking, for it to stall at a stop out of no where it would have to be a sensor right? I cleaned the throttle body out real good and it helped out some but not enough to make the stalling go away. If I come to a stop, it might idle fine for about 25 seconds and then want to stall. Also I put it in park and it stalled, not all the time but a few times it has. any thoughts???

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I do have a question, do you think one of the Oxygen sensors is bad?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
You sure you put in the right spark plugs ???? They require some special long thread Platinums from Bosch. And mine idles higher than 500 Rpm too , maybe around 650 or so steady.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Intrepidman21 said:
I do have a question, do you think one of the Oxygen sensors is bad?
Wouldn't the check engine light come on if that were the case? And also it would spit out a fault code for one of the o2 sensors being faulty anyways.
Mine idles around 600 rpm's.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,898 Posts
Crankshaft or camshaft sensor is common cause of this. Make sure the throttle body and idle air control motor are clean first. Crank and cam sensors will not throw codes unless there is a short or erroneous reading to the ecm, which wont occur often with an intermittent stall.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking that the camshaft sensor could be an issue too. Only problem is the damn car won't throw any codes. Good looking out, I will take that into consideration. How much does the camshaft sensor run? or crankshaft sensor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts