DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone can help me here.. but I am having a problem with windows XP home edition... ever since I have installed it.. my Cable connection is abnormally VERY slow! I am using a router/IP card from another computer.. with me just running the line from other computer.. never had a problem before I installed XP. I did a speed test http://www.dslreports.com/speedtests/158990;102933;d8515ff03f80f7021b93bbef8f80e7c4;1.1

My advertised speed from Charter Pipeline is 3000kbp.. Not sure what I can do.. I am using Broadband wizard.. doesn't seem to help @ all.. any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I recommend that you contact Charter and see what they can help you out with. It sounds like your cable modem is an internal card and you may need to get XP-specific drivers for it. If not, then something is hosed with the connection and Charter needs to get involved to fix it anyhoo.

Good luck! :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Actually,

The problem may be the fact that XP automactically takes 20% or greater of your bandwidth for it's own use. Follow the guide on this page (Speedguide XP Fix Page) to make sure you are not being robbed by Bill G.

sURFN

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: sURFNmADNESS ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts