DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Leftline News:

Misinformation spreads regarding Dodge engine problem

Chrysler’s top PR man Jason Vines today said in a posting on the company’s private media blog that an inaccurate story regarding a Dodge engine problem has begun circulating online. Automotive News editor Peter Brown reported that someone is misappropriating one of his past stories on a competitor’s diesel engine problem by substituting the words “Power Stroke” with “Hemi,” and “Ford” with “Dodge” and identifying a prominent Ford dealer quoted in the original article, now as a “Dodge” dealer. If you read this article online, Mr. Vines says you should disregard it.

Has anyone hear of a problem with the Hemi ? We all know of the sludge problems....

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I have an 04 Hemi Ram, now with 30,000 fairly hard miles on it. Trailer towing, off roading etc etc.

The truck has been absolutely flawless. It hold 7 quarts of oil. And it is always very clean.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
What sludge problems? Please be precise including working pointers to objective, reliable reporting of any issues.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'd have to guess any sludge problems stem more from the owner than some sort of design flaw.

The *only* bad thing I've heard to date about the hemi is that the bottom end isn't holding up under serious hotrodding.

·
Registered
750 Posts
remember dodge isn't acknowledging the 2.7 sludge problem

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[QUOTE='98-ESer]What sludge problems? Please be precise including working pointers to objective, reliable reporting of any issues.[/QUOTE]

I was just talking about the 2.7, that we all know about. I didn't even know of any problems with the Hemi engine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i don't know of what sludge problem in the 2.7. have 96000 miles on it and the oil still comes out clean. still runs like a champ.

·
Registered
750 Posts
trepse79 said:
i don't know of what sludge problem in the 2.7. have 96000 miles on it and the oil still comes out clean. still runs like a champ.

youll learn soon enough they have a bad history of sludge i think they usually last 108K jsut do a search 2.7 and sludge and youll be suprised even lawsuits against DC for em but im not getting into that this thread is bout the hemi

·
Registered
472 Posts
I was watching the automotive program "Trucks" a while back and the host mentioned that the Hemi wasn't really a serious performance option for high performance because it really couldn't handle much in the way of a power increase. I think he said something to the effect that if you got your Hemi to put out anywhere in the range of 400hp it wouldn't take it for long.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Strongt said:
I was just talking about the 2.7, that we all know about. I didn't even know of any problems with the Hemi engine.
The why for gods sake, in a post about the Hemi (and which Hemi, the 5.7 or the 6.1?) did you say "we all know of the sludge problems"?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[QUOTE='98-ESer]The why for gods sake, in a post about the Hemi (and which Hemi, the 5.7 or the 6.1?) did you say "we all know of the sludge problems"?[/QUOTE]

As for your first question, the web site LeftlLane that I got this info from did not say which version of Hemi was having to problem, and for your second, when I said " wel all know of the sludge problems", since this is a forum about LH cars, that have the 2.7 engine has the sludge problems, and DC isn't acknowledging the 2.7 sludge problem. I didn't know if they where doing the same thing with the Hemi. That's way this thread is call " Problem with the Hemi engine ? " I'am asking if there is a problem with them, and if anyone knows about it. I'am sorry if my post was in any way wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts