DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
A while back I color sand / wet sand a few spots on my trep. I used zymol and some mothers wax over the spots and looks great. Thing is after a few hours it becomes dull again and makes the paint look like crap. Anyone have any ideas?
The clear coat on the cars is far too thin to sand, wet, dry or any other way. In fact, You really cannot even take a chance on using a rubbing compound on some areas of the car, you'll rub right through.
If you try to touch them up with clear spray, in all likelyhood it will look worse.
Your best bet for temporary would be to get some liquid polishing compound and buff the snot out of it - very lightly - to bring the shine up on what is left of the clear & any exposed paint.
As pointed out above, the only real fix is to have the car or the panels re-clearcoated.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Then go ahead and buff on it! Try some 3M Perfect It III Rubbing compound, its not too aggressive, but will get the job done. Follow up with 3M Swirl Mark Remover, both are water based and low VOC i believe.

·
Registered
836 Posts
6 coats wtf, is he spraying water? I spray 2 on all my dailys and sand ploish with no problems. Paint has never had problems either, Ive been painting for 5 years now...

·
Registered
91 Posts
1st off what grit did you wetsand your car with?If 1000 then i say use a medium grit compound and use a orbital buffer around 1500 rpms.Then go over it with a foam polishing pad to kill the swirls(use the 3m in a black bottle that has a gray color for darker colors white fo lighter colors) and then a liquid polish I have had nothing but great luck with the liquid polish from APC on this page

http://www.prowax.com/apc.shtml#APC-36

hope some infor here helps out.
thanks
pat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts