DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just discovered something that may be of use to members;

A friend came over with a newly installed EVIC and tire sensors because he couldn't get through the training procedure.

It was raining so we put his car in my garage to try it.

Repeatedly it would blip the horn before I got the magnet on the valve, resulting in a 0 pressure reading and subsequent fault alarms.
The rain eased so we took it to a large parking lot, away from anything electrical and tried again.

Lo and behold, 1st time, training complete, all good readings. A fluke? We did it again, same results.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
maybe it has something to do with metal and electricity surrounding the car? Concrete in your garage floor is all Steel re-inforced... while a blacktop parking lot has no metal at all....

possibly

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I'll be trying this because I've had problems. :(

The rebar theory makes some sense...

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
I have herd from YB that they had to take the cars to the parking lot becuase metal things will interfear with the reading.

Much like what happens when you hold your compass next to your metal belt clip. It throws off the direction.

--Gorm

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Hopefully i will have pics for you all when it arrives I just got it today, should be here tomorrow, or by Thursday at the latest.

--Gorm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts