DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been planning since last summer to get bodywork done to my car by a guy I went to class with high school and he was going to give me a deal. I found out today that he doesn't work at the same shop any more, so I don't know where he went or if Ill still get a deal at that shop.

So I went to a different, reputable, body shop nearby and started asking about how much it would be to do things. But they did not give any good answer because they want to see the car. Is there anyone here that works at a shop that can give me an idea of how much stuff would cost? This guy today just said like $2500 base. I told him I wanted to take off the keyhole on the passenger side and already had another door handle. I dunno. I was just talking to him on the phone from his shop(I was there he wasn't)

like I said I want to, and have been planning on, taking the keyhole off on the passenger side. I already have a rear passenger door handle. I've got an extra set of the reflectors that go under the tails and want to have those filled and painted. I want to remove the trunk keyhole and antenna. there is also some repair needed on the front bumper, unfortunately in both the silver and green paint :p

it seems like a big list, but a door handle and the reflectors are separate from the car and I thought would be easier because of it, unlike the antenna that is on a large panel.

when I heard 2500 I figured if it was going to be so much I could do separate parts so its more affordable. Not excited to spend the about same amount the car blue books at on it.

any ideas to raise my spirits?

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Well then have the front bumber repaired and leave it at that for now. Do the other things one by one. Either way, unless you do the work yourself, you will end up paying about that anyways. You are just gonna have to bite the bullet or do it yourself.

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
The only way to get a true estimate is to take the car to the body shop! It only takes a few minutes for the guy to punch the stuff into numbers for you. Why waste your time having people "guess" what it "might" cost!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts