DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I have tried the search button and I couldn't find an answer. I have a 1994 3.3L Intrepid and I took out my cluster and changed all of the 194 size bulbs and in the guage. Now only the light bulbs in the speedometer work, and the gas guage is the only actual guage that work but the lights don't work. what did I do wrong and/or how can I fix it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Firstly, what did you change the bulbs to?

If you used the colored ones, chances are that they're not bright enough to shine through the backings on your guages.

If you replaced them with the same thing thats in there, my guess is that your new bulbs aren't connecting right, and you're not getting power to them, so I'd suggest making sure they're fit in there nice and snug.

If your problem is the colored bulbs, well... use the search button again :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's not the bulbs because if I switch them around they still only work in certain places. so I don't think it could be the bulbs because if it were the bulbs. When I changed a bulb from the location it did work to a location where one didn't then that light would work. but not matter how the lights are arranged and switched around they still only light up in the same spots.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Check your fuse box, make sure that nothing is blown, if its not that then perhaps when you replaced them you tugged on something a bit much. Check that everything else is plugged in and that there aren't any wires pulled loose and grab the voltmeter while you're at it.

From your first post, I gather that there were only some bulbs blown out before? Also, are you trying to replace them with the same white bulbs or are you replacing them with colored ones?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used the white bulbs and I already checked the fuse box nothing out of the ordinary there. I was wondering if it would be easier to just get a new cluster and how much would it approximately be for a whole new cluster assembly.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
winnie51189 said:
I used the white bulbs and I already checked the fuse box nothing out of the ordinary there. I was wondering if it would be easier to just get a new cluster and how much would it approximately be for a whole new cluster assembly.
Umm, it'll be alot cheaper if you just go to a salvage yard, and pull on there. Just for the CIRCUIT BOARD for the cluster is $ 272 new. Have you tryed pulling her back out, then putting it back in ?

·
Dain bramaged
7,329 Posts
when you said you changed the bulbs.. how? did u buy the premade ones already in the holder? cuz the aftermarket ones suck ass. or did you rip the old bulb out and stuff in a new one?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
are the two plugs n the back plugged in correctly, when I put in corde gauges one of the plugs didn't connect snugly and when i first gave the car power, only my speedo/tach worked

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I used the premade one from my last intrepid which was a 93. so all I had to do was pop out the bulbs that were bad and pop in the replacements. as for the plug not fitting snug, that I don't know. Is there any way I can pull the plug out far enough to put it onto the guage manually and then set the guage back, or not? Oh and I'm pretty sure I didn't loosen anything on the circuit board because all I did was use my fingers to twist the bulb holders out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.