DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone else noticed some problems with the site? Every now and then when i go on i get a bunch of errors. It happens a few times a day. Is it a server problem or something else?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
yup , me to. sometimes it takes forever to load the pages and I have cable.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
hey.. its because all of you crazy people are checking it at the same time. the server doesn't have enough horsepower to feed all you lazy ass people on your fat connections at work.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay, now the question is... who do we blame? (just messing, the site is awesome and i can deal with an error every now and then)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lafrad said:
hey.. its because all of you crazy people are checking it at the same time. the server doesn't have enough horsepower to feed all you lazy ass people on your fat connections at work.

hey i waz on at 2 last nite and there waz a problem and i have cable too!!!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
trepR/T2002 said:

hey i waz on at 2 last nite and there waz a problem and i have cable too!!!
I think what your problem is, is that you can't really type the URL's correctly in the address bar..... if you type the same as you do in your posts, at least.

·
Registered
652 Posts
i get the same thingie, i also hav it the cable modem running at 1500bps

·
9,861 Posts
I either get MySQL/PHP errors, or nothing at all.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
The blame is with Randy's service provider. As I understand it, the site is running on a shared server.

Randy has been in the process of investigating a dedicated server. However, he needs to come up with about $1,200 per year for it.

Unfortunately, Randy is not a rich man and cannot just shell out 1200 bucks a year. But every time anyone hears about the possibility of having to pay $15 for a year of premium membership, they start bitching and whining...

So - everyone has to make up their mind - do they want a great site that sucks in reliability or do they want a great site that is completely dependable?

To show that I am serious about a member-supported site, I just PayPal'ed Randy $50.00. If anyone else wants to help make a dedicated server happen, please PayPal Randy money at [email protected].

Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts