DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I've had two strange things happen with the car, although it is still running fine, they worry me a little.

First, I started the car, backed out of the parking spot, put it in drive, stepped on the gas, the car revved but didn't go anywhere. I checked which gear I was in, sure enough I was in drive, not neutral. Car wouldn't move. Turned the car off, restarted, and drove off just fine. Car has been running fine since. Until...

Second thing that happened a few weeks later was I was sitting at a red light, foot on the brake, and all of a sudden the engine revved up to about 1000RPMS (maybe a little more) then back down to idle (about 700). Foot never left the brake. That was it, car's been driving fine since.

Anyone had this happen or know what might cause either of these two strange occurences?

·
Registered
587 Posts
My car did the same thing as yours (revved but never moved) a few weeks after I had changed the tranny oil, and had not put enough in. Check your tranny oil level (when the car is warm or hot)....that may be the cause. My car hasn't done it since I topped up the tranny fluid....

Btw, throw in a couple of bottles of anti-foam......works great!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i had a rental stratus do that once. i've never seen in in the trep, though my mom said something like that happened when she was the primary driver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts