DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my check engine light is only on when i drive the car, but when i try to scan it, the check engine light doesnt come on when the ignition is in the "on" position so i can't scan it. and if i do scan it, it comes up clear.. the problem my car is having is wierd because it will go for weeks driving perfect (with the check engine light on), but then all of a sudden it might just sputter out, and when i push on the pedal it just sputters more and shakes a little bit. any ideas? and why doesnt my check engine light stay on? is there something wrong with my computer?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
could be something with the imisions. this happen to my sisters car.
the check light came on and off and found out it was an exhaust sensor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i scanned it with a OBD II scan tool, but the check engine light doesn't stay on.. mr dodge, is there a way i can check that out or even have it checked out so i could know exactly what it is? do you think the EVAP system might be screwy?

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
When the key is in the "on" position without the engine running, the CEL will not stay lit. This is normal. Try the key dance trick or scan it again. If the CEL came on while driving, there has got to be a trouble code stored.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts