DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now haveing a problem where my cooling fans are not comming on. I replaced the sender/switch and still nothing I am getting 13 volts from the tan wire at the fan assembly, but not at the yellow wire. But now I am having problems with the IAC when I turn the A/C on trying to get the fans to come on they don't so I turn the A/C off and the engine stalls. The A/C dosen't work by the way even if I unplug the clutch plug and pull the realy it still stalls. I can hear when the IAC opens cause the idle goes up and when I turn it off the idel drops real low and stalls. Any Ideas.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,742 Posts
Did you check the fuses and relays? Fan motors? Im not sure on a 1st gen, but it may be just the same as a 2gen-- the a/c clutch and fans are on the same fuse. The relays may operate the ground circuit on the fans too, so a bad fuse or relay could cause this, even though you have power at the fans. The idle problem may be just the ecm thinking the a/c is on. I would fix the a/c/fan problem first, and see if the IAC problem still exists. Hope this helps.

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I checked the realys and the fuses there are all good. I think the motors are fine cause they came on all of a suddon by them selfs like they are supose to normaly, So I think it is something that contrls them But I can't figure out what that is. and I have the belt off the A/C Compresser cause it is locked up and I also ran it with out the fuse and the realy for the A/C and it still stalled.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts