DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The 2004 SE was Mfg'd. in Canada, LOL..., where they put to rest the out-going models for that particular vehicle year.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
I don't know what your asking, and yes all LH cars were manufactured in Canada.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
the engine is a lemon around 40 K + other then that the tranny at 70+ interior should be fine and so sould the exterier

i think this guy wants to know since it was the last year hes not getting a good car since maby they were slacing off with production.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Peppa Boy said:
the engine is a lemon around 40 K + other then that the tranny at 70+ interior should be fine and so sould the exterier
What!?!? 40k??
U best recognise homeboy! :gun:

:bgking:

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Peppa Boy said:
lmao ok ill bump it up 10\K but your pussing the bar on this engine.
Ummm.... crack is illegal and bad for the brain... ya heard?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
chrisb6772 said:
Please let me know about this LEMON!
chrisb6772 said:
The 2004 SE was Mfg'd. in Canada, LOL..., where they put to rest the out-going models for that particular vehicle year.
So what makes you think it's a lemon? The 2.7L has had some engineering changes over the years, so the '04 engines should be a bit more reliable than the earlier model engines. After break-in, if you run with Mobil 1, you won't have sludge issues (or chances of sludge will be GREATLY reduced). This may increase operating costs, but it will pay off in the long run.

As far as the transmission. The common problem appears to be speed sensors. As well, they vehicle cannot handle much more power than the current 3.5L will produce (so no heavy engine modifications). I would imagine that the engine can safely tow, but nothing excessive.

With regular upkeep, you will find that even the 2.7L will be a good engine.

Justin said:
That statement is not correct.
Only a very limited production of LH vehicles were made in the US. The VAST majority were manufactures in Brampton Assembly Plant right here in Canada. For the most part, Frost's statement was correct.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Justin said:
That statement is not correct.

It was correct for the second generation cars, since compared to the majority of cars that rolled onto dealer lots were manufactured in Canada. (And I'm not aware of at anytime any of the 98-04's were assembled here) Same thing with the mini-vans the vast majorty of them are assembled in Canada while there is a small percentage that actually rolls off the line here, although there is a full production running at the St. Louis plant.

Also please add in the correct statement instead of just saying "Your not right" and walk away.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
dakotaquadsport said:
It was correct for the second generation cars, since compared to the majority of cars that rolled onto dealer lots were manufactured in Canada. (And I'm not aware of at anytime any of the 98-04's were assembled here) Same thing with the mini-vans the vast majorty of them are assembled in Canada while there is a small percentage that actually rolls off the line here, although there is a full production running at the St. Louis plant.

Also please add in the correct statement instead of just saying "Your not right" and walk away.

Hmm. Well you said that.. ALL LH cars were manufactured in Canada.. which isn't correct.. Maybe you should have specified.. ALL 2ND generation LH cars..

Or something like that,

But umm, how does one "walk away" on the internet?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts