DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
It should if it has the same part number. I think I read somewhere people where using mini van remotes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,
I have a 2001 Intrepid R/T that has the 2 original factory fobs with it. The car has sat in storage without a battery for about a year. I have it back on the road now but both fobs do not work. The batteries are good. I know they are transmitting. Is there a way to "re-sync" these fobs to the car?

Thank you

·
Woober Goobers!
49,519 Posts
You know the batteries are good because:

1) You replaced them with new ones?
2) You installed used known good batteries in the remotes?
3) You just think the batteries are good?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought and installed new batteries in both fobs. Plus the parts store had a fob tester that shows if a transmitter signal is near.

Thank you for your help.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,519 Posts
Interesting the the RKE module would lose the memory of the remotes even if the vehicle battery power was lost for an extended period of time.

Your choices are:

1) Get a new RKE Module and new remotes(used from someone)
2)Go tot he dealer and have them reprogram your existing remotes and RKE.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,519 Posts
Look at this page. The section under Diagnosis and Testing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I know this thread is old and I apologize for this. But I am a fairly new owner (owned for about 1 yr) of a 2001 intrepid es. My girlfriend bought me a key fob for my car. I dont have any from the previous owner. So is there anyway besides from going to the dealer to program the fob to my car?

·
Woober Goobers!
49,519 Posts
So I know this thread is old and I apologize for this. But I am a fairly new owner (owned for about 1 yr) of a 2001 intrepid es. My girlfriend bought me a key fob for my car. I dont have any from the previous owner. So is there anyway besides from going to the dealer to program the fob to my car?
No.

You need at least one working fob that's already programmed to be able to program additional fobs.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,519 Posts
Have you contacted your local dealer about the cost to program RKE key fobs?

Also a number of competent locksmiths can program RKE fobs....for much less than the dealer. Call a few locksmiths and see what they say.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,519 Posts
The Chrysler part number for a RKE Fob for your car is: 04602260AA Make sure you have the correct fob. Should be molded on the back of the fob if it's a genuine Chrysler fob. Aftermarket ones will work as long as they're equivalent to the Chrysler part number.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,519 Posts
My local locksmith charges $30 to program two RKE Fobs for example. The Dealers usually charge a minimum of 1 hour labor at $90 or more an hour.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts