DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

21 - 40 of 99 Posts

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Nice repair, what kind of spot weld cutter are you using? Just a drill bit?
I used the hole saw type.

paintballdude05;392 9282 said:
Looking good thDan! What are you doing VIN tag wise since it's got a new/different cab now?
Wont matter, vin tag is on the dash. The 93 had a sticker on the door jamb too, 89 did not, I am going to try and salvage it.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That's the type I was looking at getting, did it worked well? I'm going to have to pop a few out on my truck.
Worked like a charm. This is the preferred one if you are trying to save one or both panels.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Made a big dent in the parts pile today:

Just need to put the bed on, and do some prep work, and she'll be off to the body shop for body work/paint.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Old Red is coming back to life slowly but surely. Now with no rust! Body fit and mock up installation is complete. Time to take a break on it for a while to get some other things done. Then it will be time to start the body work and prep her for paint...

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Figured it was time for an update.

The body is waiting to head to the body shop around labor day; I've done all I can do here --without buying a ton of tools and equipment I'll only use once...lol...so, I decided to get started on the engine.

Tore it completely down to a long block more or less, to replace all the gaskets; and front/rear main, and take care of the KDP issue. I'll also be cleaning up and painting it, and having some of the brackets and tubing powdercoated. It looks great inside for 247K, I thought for sure I'd find something wrong, but everything is fine....just leaky gaskets...Ive got all new gaskets except the head, and new oil lines for the turbo/vacuum pump, new thermostat, fuel heater, KDP insurance kit, fuel pump, and a few cans of Cummins Titanium black paint, ready to go..

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Its been a long weekend; first, loaded her up and headed out on a 650 mile drive to NW Ohio to my good buddy's body shop:

After many hours of sanding, prep, and getting rid of a few dents over the weekend, we got the cab completed:

We sprayed bedliner on the floor and underneath the cab for extra protection:

Next step is install the drivetrain, and some of the interior components so she will run. Then back to the body shop to finish the paint work on the bed and front end!

·
Registered
274 Posts
WOW Great build, time, patience and talent all rolled into one.
That 12 Valve will make 400+ HP in a heartbeat with the right tweak's.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,250 Posts
Looking good Danbo Diesel LLC!

Will you have a driving on it's own power chassis next time you go up to Jake's for the final paint?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
WOW Great build, time, patience and talent all rolled into one.
That 12 Valve will make 400+ HP in a heartbeat with the right tweak's.
Thanks; yep, thats the plan after the paintjob; I'd like to get it up around the HP and torque of my 2014; 400/800...that will make for a nice little driver, not too crazy.

Looking good Danbo Diesel LLC!

Will you have a driving on it's own power chassis next time you go up to Jake's for the final paint?
Thanks! Yep, thats the next step; get her running.

Great start, can't wait to see the rest of it.
Looks great.
Thanks!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Engine all cleaned up, fresh paint, new gaskets throughout, replaced a few worn parts; now its ready to install this weekend.

I am planning several mods to the engine later on, once the budget recovers from all the bodywork; goal is 400HP/800 ft lbs...

·
Woober Goobers!
49,250 Posts
That's a nice clean looking oil filter!

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Got the engine and trans installed this past weekend. Now to work on all the wiring, guts, install the dash, and everything else on the front of the cab. Here is how she looks now:

Just started going thru my boxes of parts to see what needs repaired/cleaned/replaced. Just the wiring and interior trim panels here. Much more in storage. Hope I remember how all this goes back together.

Exhaust and a few other misc parts.

Drove 550 miles round trip to Charleston, SC last weekend to secure a good drivers side door (finally) from a fellow Ram hoarder. Put it up in storage until the next round of bodywork comes.

Now, comes likely the most difficult part the process of cleaning/replacing/refurbishing 4.3 million bolts, nuts and screws. Got a good wire brush bench grinder, so that will take care of most of the big ones. Lots of nice clean bolts from the donor truck available too, just have to sort them all out. Free beer and steak to anyone that would like to join.

Along with that, I have started pulling parts out of my storage and doing an inventory of what needs repaired/replaced etc. I have the front wiring harnesses laid out for inspection, cleaning, and repair. So far, they just need a good cleaning and some new loom and tape.

Just a small part of the interior and wiring I had boxed up; my storage room on the side of the house is still full.

After the bolts are sorted out and fixed up, along with the wiring, dash will be installed, and the front engine/chassis harness. Need to go thru the turbo and get that put on too. Sending the radiator, CAC, and heater/evaporator core out for cleaning/testing as well.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,250 Posts
Gnarly!

Dan what are you going to have for the floor of the Cab? Mats? Are you going to leave the undercoat exposed?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Gnarly!

Dan what are you going to have for the floor of the Cab? Mats? Are you going to leave the undercoat exposed?
Some sound deadener is going in, then new carpet over that. The undercoat is mainly for water/rust protection.

21 - 40 of 99 Posts