DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 40 of 8336 Posts

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Working on getting the headrest covers back on...what a PITA!! Need to find some larger plastic bags to get a better seal on the vacuum. Or my mini garage vac just isn't powerful enough. Hate to buy a full size garage vac just to put the covers on. Might have to though.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Don't know if this helps, just seen it on tv the other day. Guy was stuffing covers with solid foam cushions (very tight fit) and he said he was using spray silicone.

That is all........

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
No Worky tweeters in the Sails so I have to pull the door panels to find out how the the original installer has them wired up. Judging by my experience with the rest of the stereo install wiring...I'll bet they're not even connected or incorrectly wired. FSM says the stock sails in Mid/Infinity I/II are wired in parallel with the lower door speakers. Also need to see if the rear door speakers are hooked up. Stumbled across a bundle of wiring that doesn't appear stock when I was tucking the RCA cables along the right door sill. God only knows what I'll find there!

On another note...I now have plenty of Thump in the trunk thanks to a Blaupunkt 12" sub and Blaupunkt amps. Was playing around with the amp settings today and am pleased with the results.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Tires are dirty....yes I know!

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,631 Posts
This is what happened to the drivers door about 3 1/2 years ago courtesy of a Hit-N-Run driver that was never caught. The Black R/T was totaled in that along with the neighbors Cobalt.

Oh yeah, now I remember reading about that awhile back....

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks but I don't have an air compressor or similar air source. I'll just bite the bullet and buy a $50 "Shop-Vac" and git er done!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Did some seat scrubbing with Mothers Leather Cleaner/Conditioner....love the smell of that stuff. Seats cleaned up nicely!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
About ready to put the original R/T Silver Sparkle painted wheels up for sale! Spare is new with the original Michelin Pilot Sport tire on it. Two wheels have fairly new(less than 5k miles) BF Goodrich Traction T/A tires on them..the other two are way old off brand crap tires that aren't worth shipping with the wheels. Contact me if interested in them!

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Actually the hybrid Light Taupe/Slate theme is going to be short lived. The rest of the interior will be switched over to Taupe/Light Taupe to match the dash pictured in my first post.

All of the original slate interior parts will be for sale soon...along with select Light Taupe Center console and dash parts.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Tried putting the headrest covers on with my 1.5 gal Mini Shop-Vac and plastic shopping bags and failed miserably.

Went out and bought a 9 gal 3hp Shop-Vac and went to WallyWorld and absconded a dozen of their produce bags. Had both front headrest covers on in less than five minutes.

I can't seem to figure out how to remove the rear headrests from the Special rear seat. They don't have a latching/retaining mechanism like the fronts. I can pull up on them until they stop but that's it. Can't get them off the seat back. Anyone know how they're removed? Thanks.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The fronts have those plastic brackets. You push a paper clip or similar into a hole in the side and it releases the ratcheting shaft of the headrest so you can pull it out.

The rears don't have those brackets and the anchors appear to be down inside the seat back. I'm heading over to the garage tomorrow where my extension cords are and just use the vacuum method on them while they're still in the car. I don't feel like taking the entire seatback out for a 5th time again!

Thanks for looking into it though.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Here's the "Spare" set of 1999-2001 Articulating head rests done along with the covers for the rear head rests. Seller provided both sets of front head rests. 2002-2004 and larger ones are already in the car. Thanks Josh.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
There's a Raptor in me Kitchen!

There's a Raptor in me kitchen...what am I gonna Do!

Got this via Fedex today to replace the tire on my Special that got trashed thanks to "Road Debris" courtesy of a piece of lumber on the highway that I hit at 70mph. Truckers need to secure their loads!! It was one of those 4X4s that they use as skids under their loads.

21 - 40 of 8336 Posts